cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer Claims She Didn't Bid On An Item

I sent an invoice to a buyer when I didn't recieve prompt payment and she emailed back that she didn't bid on the item.  That was it, one line, no explanation - so I asked how that might have happened and if she contacted eBay to resolve the issue.  She replied quickly saying she doesn't know how it happened and was suprised to see she'd won an item she didn't bid on. 

I've never heard this one before.  What should I do?   Open a case on eBay or just cancel the transaction?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Your buyer is a liar.

Block, open UPI at 2 days after sale. Close UPI after 6 days.

Buyer gets strike and with any luck she's done this before and will be blocked by thousands of sellers in the future.

That's what I would do. Had the buyer just been honest up front, I would have cancelled.

Dear buyer,

Since it's very likely your ebay account was hacked. ebay's investigation will take several days to over a week. During that time you may notice unpaid item emails.

Had you simply made a mistake in bidding, I could have cancelled the sale.

Regards

~Why be a second rate version of someone else when you can be a first rate version of yourself~

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Excellent Post:) ^^^^^
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I think too many sellers are willing to cancel an order when it's really the buyer's fault.  And if the buyer is unresponsive or just says something short without any further explanation, it's best to let the case go to an unpaid item dispute.

You can wait two days or a few days longer,  before opening the unpaid case, but that's your best route in this case.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@sandmansales wrote:

Your buyer is a liar.

Block, open UPI at 2 days after sale. Close UPI after 6 days.

Buyer gets strike and with any luck she's done this before and will be blocked by thousands of sellers in the future.

That's what I would do. Had the buyer just been honest up front, I would have cancelled.

Dear buyer,

Since it's very likely your ebay account was hacked. ebay's investigation will take several days to over a week. During that time you may notice unpaid item emails.

Regards

Yep.

Don't want it? Fine, let me know and I'll cancel, no problem at all. 

Make up a story, or go silent - UID.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@mco4 wrote:

I think too many sellers are willing to cancel an order when it's really the buyer's fault.  And if the buyer is unresponsive or just says something short without any further explanation, it's best to let the case go to an unpaid item dispute.

You can wait two days or a few days longer,  before opening the unpaid case, but that's your best route in this case.

I have my preferences set to start a case after 2 days.  I don't need to do anything.  The "buyer" who doesn't pay gets messages automatically, and if payment does not come after 4 more days, I get notification and relist.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

open an unpaid item dispute.  Who says her claim isn't just an excuse to not pay?

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@sandmansales wrote:

Your buyer is a liar.

Dear buyer,

I don't think calling a buyer a liar (even if it is true), should result in telling the OP to lie.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@coolections wrote:

@sandmansales wrote:

Your buyer is a liar.

Dear buyer,

I don't think calling a buyer a liar (even if it is true), should result in telling the OP to lie.

Oh, for Pete's sake. 

“It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent” ― Madeleine K. Albright

Great! 45.8% down over the same time last year with 2x+ items listed. Are you impressed? I'm certainly not!
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Is sake his first or last name and does sake lie ?

Message 10 of 10
latest reply