cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Cards for your Ebay Store/Orders

I have business cards for my ebay store and send them when every order. I'm curious as to how many other sellers also do this and thought would be good "topic" to post. Do you have business cards you send (or something similar, flyers maybe? Stickers?...) They have served their purpose for me both inside ebay and outside of ebay. I just got new cards made/delivered last week actually, very simplified design from my old cards, logo and store URL in Metallica Ink on matte black background. 

IMG_4710.jpg

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 1 of 96
latest reply
95 REPLIES 95

They are a nice touch but I'm not sure if they bring any more income more than they cost to print. Unless you're selling a specific item that buyers need to replenish, most buyers just do a general search by price. The cards do make a shipment look a bit more professional though. I usually include a Thank You sticker.

Message 2 of 96
latest reply

@annadryl wrote:

They are a nice touch but I'm not sure if they bring any more income more than they cost to print. Unless you're selling a specific item that buyers need to replenish, most buyers just do a general search by price. The cards do make a shipment look a bit more professional though. I usually include a Thank You sticker.

they only cost like $40 per 500, that's nothing. And I do, I sell vinyl in Metal generes, not just vinyl - extremely limited/rare/hard to find editions and I have repeat buyers, who also refer me to others. It's not always about the price, but the quality of the item, the service provided, the knowledge of what you sell etc... 

Message 3 of 96
latest reply

I just think back to the items I've bought which included a business card. They just went in the trash with the packaging. 

Message 4 of 96
latest reply

@atikovi wrote:

I just think back to the items I've bought which included a business card. They just went in the trash with the packaging. 

no doubt people do that, yet not all. I think to packages I get and many of them also have cards/flyers so I know I'm not the only one doing it. For the price of most cards, it's really no dent to do them.

Message 5 of 96
latest reply

I have considered it, but with the types of buyers I can run into I am not sure I want to take the risk of them coming back 😜
Message 6 of 96
latest reply

Also I wish eBay had some automated system that showed me if a buyer is a repeat. Not gonna lie my known repeat buyers sometimes get special treatment.
Message 7 of 96
latest reply

@gwzcomps wrote:
Also I wish eBay had some automated system that showed me if a buyer is a repeat. Not gonna lie my known repeat buyers sometimes get special treatment.

yeah, been asking for that ability for years, still have no idea why ebay doesn't allow that as they let buyers know if it's a seller they have purchased from before. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

example though, i have gotten orders where i never would have before being out run into someone start talking because I'm wearing a particular band shirt, give them card and they have ordered. I also have several stores that hand my card out as I specialize in metal vinyl and they do not so I have gotten orders that way also. Understandably it's not option for all, but can be useful depending on the items one deals in i guess. 

Message 8 of 96
latest reply

That would be a great feature. There's no way I'm going to remember everyone's (anyone's) user names unless we interact at all. Usually it's just send and forget. But I do really appreciate buyers that come back.

Message 9 of 96
latest reply

I know if they are a repeat customer because I have accounting software and when I enter there account name in, if it shows up as a customer, it means they bought before. If not, I have to enter in the rest of the customer information.
Message 10 of 96
latest reply

I don't have any fancy tools like that. Best I can do is search my emails to see if they are a repeat buyer.
Message 11 of 96
latest reply

@gwzcomps wrote:
I don't have any fancy tools like that. Best I can do is search my emails to see if they are a repeat buyer.

i have a limited ability if I don't recognize the buyer id or address, i can go into orders > all orders, and look down the list of the past 90 days, another option is I check their feedback, as I always leave it for others (but don't always get it back) and I can see if i have left them feedback before. When I used quickbooks it's easy to keep track, but I don't use that anymore, but could likely set up excel to do the same thing if I was clever enough. 

Message 12 of 96
latest reply

Yeah that sounds like too much work that won't pay the bills any better sadly. Sometimes I will randomly search my emails for a buyer's user ID. If I see they are a repeat buyer I say oh cool to myself and keep on truckin.
Message 13 of 96
latest reply

I use business cards for hang tags on my items, toss into networking trays, pin onto bulletin boards.  After doing some research I found that people tend to keep well formatted cards (bookmarks, scribble notes) and I've been asked for shop cards. But at any rate I get repeat business and local business using them.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 14 of 96
latest reply

@gwzcomps wrote:
Yeah that sounds like too much work that won't pay the bills any better sadly. Sometimes I will randomly search my emails for a buyer's user ID. If I see they are a repeat buyer I say oh cool to myself and keep on truckin.

i just got order few min ago...repeat buyer... just saying 😉

Message 15 of 96
latest reply