cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand new accounts making high offers

Good morning everyone! So I am by no means an expert with ebay. I have only ever sold one item, but last night I listed an item at a pretty high starting bid point. This morning I have gotten 3 offers all for over $30 of the starting bid price (the highest offer was double the starting bid price). All of the accounts were made yesterday or today, so I either dont know what I am selling and its worth a lot or it's probably safe to assume that these are scam offers from fake accounts.

Any input or advise on this would be a appreciated.  

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Since these items are listed as auctions it is usually best to let them finish as such.

Yes you are going to get offers: Seen offers were it is the auction.

I can say the first offers are usually low low ball trying to get it cheep....

edited: to add any one that asks you to contact them is a scammer. They are trying to get your info to send fake payment notices to get it free.....

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I would just untick "Let customers make offer."  If I'm putting something up for auction, I'm not interested in offers.  Now, if I have it listed non-auction for a set price, then I will tick the "Let customers make offer."

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@jata_5381 wrote:

Any input or advise on this would be a appreciated.  

I will offer unsolicited advice on something else:  we came as romans vinyl  is a woefully inadequate title.

Your listing would be excluded from any searches that included the word LP or the album title or that were looking for the green vinyl version.

We Came As Romans - Understanding What We’ve Become - green vinyl LP would increase your odds of being found in searches. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

And I will note that over the past year, prices for that green vinyl LP on eBay have ranged from $65 to $125.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply