cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block lowball buyer?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just had a buyer ask for 50% off an item I do not have best offer on.

I blocked them without answering - does anyone else do this?

think I dodged a bullet....

Message 1 of 72
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Block lowball buyer?

I would decline the offer and put them on my BBL. Of course, I would block them for simply making the offer regardless of whether it was low or not.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 72
latest reply
71 REPLIES 71

Block lowball buyer?

i usually just decline those offers - I may have blocked this buyer though based on their feedback though...

https://bio.link/langs
Message 2 of 72
latest reply

Block lowball buyer?

I would have blocked.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 3 of 72
latest reply

Block lowball buyer?

Holy moly! That buyer's feedback to the sellers is crazy!! You did dogde a bullet indeed..what a scam artist she is..

Message 4 of 72
latest reply

Block lowball buyer?

alycat3 wrote:

If your question is do I block people from bidding who look like they are nothing but trouble based on their past buying behavior, then the answer is yes.    Definitely would have given this one the boot.  I think you did the wise thing.

Message 5 of 72
latest reply

Block lowball buyer?

@Anonymous wrote:

Seriously?

Not because they asked...

But the FB left would be a good reason in this case.

You might get in trouble for 'show and tell' but I added this one to my best buddies.

When it's a sea of red and grey like that I don't hesitate, but buyers can ask for a discount.

Message 6 of 72
latest reply

Block lowball buyer?

I would decline the offer and put them on my BBL. Of course, I would block them for simply making the offer regardless of whether it was low or not.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 7 of 72
latest reply

Block lowball buyer?

Wow, you guys block those buyers? I get those offers all the time with anything listed in my Sporting Goods>Hunting categories. All. The. Time.

Message 8 of 72
latest reply

Block lowball buyer?

@irunamuk wrote:

Wow, you guys block those buyers? I get those offers all the time with anything listed in my Sporting Goods>Hunting categories. All. The. Time.

It's not just the offer, it's the person who makes the offer.

https://bio.link/langs
Message 9 of 72
latest reply

Block lowball buyer?

@irunamuk wrote:

Absolutely. Even if their FB left for others looks fine, I will still block them. I don't care to deal with buyers who want a 50% discount when the listing says price firm and I haven't enabled the best offer option. Those buyers tend to reak havoc after the initial sale. Better safe than sorry! 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 10 of 72
latest reply

Block lowball buyer?

I don't use BO and block any ebayer that makes one.  They tend to continue negotiating after they get the item and the seller is helpless.

(*Bleep*)
Message 11 of 72
latest reply

Block lowball buyer?

@Anonymous wrote:

No, because I keep my personal feelings out of business. It isn't offensive to me when someone tries to get something cheaper that's how people are. However, if they kept badgering me that would be a different story. I would block her based on her feedback though because she seems to have a lot of issues with sellers and she is clearly the common exponent. And according to the feedback she refuses to return items just wants a refund and black mails with feedback

Message 12 of 72
latest reply

Block lowball buyer?

Its well beyond having issues with sellers for that buyers feedback OP posted. She is scamming people left and right. Just read what the sellers wrote. Ebay SHOULD be able to take one look at that feedback page and ban them. With those kind of percentages of negs left, they should have set off an automatic trigger to get banned.

I wonder how many sellers reported that buyer only to still have them scamming more sellers. Surely there is a way to alert someone to this person and get their account flagged?
Message 13 of 72
latest reply

Block lowball buyer?

Thats one of the worst examples of a feedback left page Ive ever seen. Disgraceful ebay still has them here
Message 14 of 72
latest reply

Block lowball buyer?

Why is that buyer still on eBay?  Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see this person is a scammer.

Message 15 of 72
latest reply