cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bizarre INR Situation

So I shipped an item in November. According to tracking, it got stuck at the Jersey City Distribution Center in early December.

Customer contacts me in early January to inquire. Tells me he wants me to get the item to him, and doesn't want a refund. I started a missing mail claim on January 11, and did not hear from the customer again until today.

I got a message from him today (in reply to my latest message) and went to check the sales record to give a refund, but realized the ID on the sales order is different than the one messaging me. (The one messaging me was set up in 2013, the one that bought it has one FB, mine, and might have been a guest purchase).

I asked the person messaging me for first and last name to confirm it's his order I'm going to refund (this wouldn't be the first time someone purchased as a guest and contacted me from their regular account), just because I don't want to be randomly refunding stuff without knowing that's the buyer I should be refunding. (Yes, I know he's past his INR time with eBay now, but I'm going to refund him if I can be satisfied the person sending me messages was the person who bought the item).

It's a $7.99 item, not a high scam thing. I just think this whole thing is pretty weird.

C.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Bizarre INR Situation

Could they have been logged onto their selling account by accident?

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Bizarre INR Situation

@skeletonstore wrote:

Could they have been logged onto their selling account by accident?

The account messaging me has a total of 9 FB since 2013, the one that bought the item has one FB (from me, when they paid). I'm guessing the account that bought was created when the purchase was made.

I need to do my due diligence and make sure I'm refunding the person who bought the item because they're entitled to the refund. If the account messaging me didn't buy the item, then I've refunded the real buyer for no reason.

C.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply