cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big companies are running small companies out of business on Ebay

For a while now i have noticed the big companies who actually make and sell the products, most of us re-sale, are selling them at big discounts.  Which takes the business away from all of us little guys, i mean if the actual company is selling item at $25, that you normally sold for $50..you know customers are going to go with guy selling for $25~ and we can’t compete with that.  By the time you add in shipping, you basically giving your items away for free.  I have also noticed a lot of companies are preventing us from re-selling their products so they can make all the money.  In the old days it was all small mom & pop selling on Ebay, now its the big companies, they can afford to give away their products, because they make it. We can’t…

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

why should they let you make a buck when they can.... 

Its called competition and of course the small user gets cut out..

They took our jobs  (oh I mean sales) man......

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@donsdetour wrote:

They took our jobs  (oh I mean sales) man......

DEY TOORK OURR JJOBS!!

Sorry, I had to.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

It's like that movie 'The Shop Around the Corner' ~ hard to compete sometimes against the "big box" stores.

Really think it depends on what you sell.  I am rarely the "cheapest" price (at least not on purpose).  There are always "cheaper" choices.  But I do offer service, fair shipping and my feedback all states I ship really fast.  Usually the same day you buy.  I would rather buy from someone who is not some huge company on here as you can usually never get a response or they have their email function turned off, if you have an issue.  It is always worth it to me to buy from someone who does not use "stock" photos and I can see they have it in-stock and can send it to me vs some mysterious warehouse, who knows where.

I subscribe to the theory there is room for all of us.  Especially honest Seller who do the right thing.  Be fair.  Exceed the expectations of your customer.  "OWN" it if you cluck it up and make it right.  

We enjoy several repeat buyers.  I still think that is the greatest compliment to receive as a Seller - a buyer who is willing to return to do business with you again and again.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

In the 'Good Old Days'... before cheap ePacket... 

A 'Retailer' would have to buy from Made In China in QUANTITY.

That would be a Wholesale price.

10, 50, 100, 1000 pieces shipped to ONE person, in ONE Parcel.

The average Customer would only want 1, 2, etc.

And would buy at Retail from the Re-Seller.

Now, w/ shipping from China so cheap, the Customer can buy direct.

This cut out a LOT of eBay Sellers.

Then, the overseas makers also opened Warehouses.

So, they can ship to those, in US.

And get the resultant Tracking, Insurance, etc.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Darn it. There should be a warning when someone posts selling sex toys. For those who have not looked just a warning to not click OP's items.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

This started back in 07/08 when ebay had the new ebay practice site for the big guys, then threw them all in with the rest of us.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply