cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bids with scores below my threshold and buyers address seems to be fake

So ebay allowed a bidder toget in on my auction for a card when I dont allow for anything less than at least 5 reviews.  Its a brand new account with 3 reviews all on the same day. Plus the address they gave me is to an empty plot of land.  What do I do?

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

If you'll go to the Buyer Requirements as the OP suggests, it appears that you CAN block buyers with a FB of less than 5.  

Message 16 of 18
latest reply

@soh.maryl wrote:

If you'll go to the Buyer Requirements as the OP suggests, it appears that you CAN block buyers with a FB of less than 5.  

Only for the subset immediately before it.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 17 of 18
latest reply

Keep in mind that a scammer cannot be determined solely by a feedback score. More info is needed. Fortunately, scammers always tip their hands, so savvy sellers won’t be fooled by a scam for long, if ever. Therefore, attempting to manage risk by omitting all new buyers is akin to shooting oneself in the foot. Judging buyers based only on their sales history (or lack of it) insures only one thing: legit buyers will be discarded, held up to unwarranted suspicion instead of being welcomed. That’s bad for everyone when such buyers abandon a hostile platform.

Message 18 of 18
latest reply