cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bid Cancellations

I thought only the seller can cancel a bid once it’s made? I received an email (not an EBay message in my app) that a buyer requested a bid retraction after EBay already removed it, so apparently it’s no longer the sellers discretion to do or not do it? Anyone know when this started? They said in the email I can see the reason if I go to the bid history but there’s no history, so no reason? Is it me or are we subtly losing more power over our own listings?  That being said, I’m sure I would have canceled it...but it should have been MY decision! Thanks for any feedback or clarification.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Bid Cancellations

The buyer can cancel a bid with a "I bid the wrong amount" but then they are supposed to enter a new amount, some don't. I have no clue what the wacky app is doing.

-------
Not my selling nor buying account
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Bid Cancellations

I thought only the seller can cancel a bid once it’s made?

@sassynlacey 

A buyer can retract their own bid on an ongoing AUCTION listing. 

They cannot cancel the sale if they are winning bidder on an AUCTION listing and it has ended. 
A buyer cannot cancel a sale on a fixed price listing once they have purchased it. They can only ask the seller to cancel it.   

I think there is simply some confusion over the terms 'retract' and 'cancel' here. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Bid Cancellations

I’ve had people ask me to cancel/retract bids over the years and there has always been communication between us, I’m confused as to how all this happened behind my back with no further reason or explanation or even a message in my EBay inbox. THAT has never happened before. Thanks for your reply.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply