cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best date and time to end auctions?

What day and time is best for auctions to end, and why?

The answer probably depends on what you sell, as well as how you think. (I sell mostly small computer components.)

I currently end my auctions shortly after 7 PM, U.S. Pacific Time, on Wednesday. The date is based on my own schedule; the time is based on when I think people across the U.S. are most likely to have leisure to sit in on the end of an auction. All of this is based on theory; I haven't done any experiments to determine whether I'm right.

My schedule is changing, so the question's a real one for me. What do you think?

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

@bitsofsiliconvalley wrote:

What day and time is best for auctions to end, and why?

The answer probably depends on what you sell, as well as how you think. (I sell mostly small computer components.)

I currently end my auctions shortly after 7 PM, U.S. Pacific Time, on Wednesday. The date is based on my own schedule; the time is based on when I think people across the U.S. are most likely to have leisure to sit in on the end of an auction. All of this is based on theory; I haven't done any experiments to determine whether I'm right.

My schedule is changing, so the question's a real one for me. What do you think?

Wednesdays?! Oh my God, not Wednesdays!

Message 16 of 17
latest reply

I used to avoid Wednesdays because it's LDS family night. But when my schedule made any other day awkward, the sky didn't fall.

Then again, maybe bidding on eBay auctions has become a favorite family night activity.

Message 17 of 17
latest reply