cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Below Average Seller Rating By Ebay Mistake! Anyone else had this happen?

So, first they had a system error on my returns. I asked for help due to their system error. They counted it against me. Then a buyer accidentally escalated a case trying to upload her return tracking. She called them to report her mistake. They assured her it would not count against me. Then they counted it against me. Also, They have a bunch of faulty late shipping checks on my account. I got 9 removed so far. Have to go thru one by one. All of this brought my account below standard. Before the evaluation I called five times to report and fix. They did remove some of the shipping and the cases not resolved, but they did it too late and my account went below standard. So far I have spent 15 hours on the phone and been assured it would be sent to " internal" some mysterious place that I can not speak to. NOTHING has happened after 9 days of calls. My sales are toast. My search placement is tanked. It is ruining my business here. Has this happened to anyone else? I wonder if a service that cost me lost income and fifteen hours of calls to pay for their system error and mistakes is even worth using anymore. It may be time to close up shop and head over to Amazon or Poshmark. 

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

There is a saying:  "Don't place all your eggs in one basket".  You may want to test the waters elsewhere without removing all your listings here.   You may also try to list lower priced items to get your account above standard, as you wait for ebay to "fix" the problem.  Try to talk only to US CSRs.  Hopefully it will get you the help you need.

Good luck in your selling endeavors.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

@sewsimplysweet 

You may want to try asking for help through the eBay for Business Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I ship on time, have 100 feedback and selling for 20 years here..

Yes this has been happening to me as well....i called got the usual run around....these outsourced people have no idea what the "F "anyone is talking about who is a seller...they read a script, then hand you off to someone....then that person never follows thru after they say they will take a coulee weeks and fix it....well its been well over 2 months.....Its down 6% from what is was it was over 19.25%!!!! how is that even possible???....i ship on time when i have sales!! which is almost never  nowadays with this major mess up ....my listings are lost in the matrix so to speak.  i watched my sales dive over the year , not even sure if recovery for eBay is possible...they need to star by not trying to be something they are not!! eBay doesn't care about sellers in the USA.....they make more money off the china sellers with 20,0000 sales and 79%feedback.....Glad I sell elsewhere otherwise i'd be homeless!

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Yes this sounds like what happened with me.  I spent 20 hours on phone and they said " internal" would email me by Wed. Nothing. It is entirely their mistake but my sales have to suffer. I am getting set up on other venues. I can not afford to pay for their system errors. It is sad because I have years of repeat customers for my one of a kind work. Oh well. guess they really do not care if they keep clients. 

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I have a strike right now for tracking not uploaded at all. This is for a transaction that !EBAY! canceled, and !EBAY! told me not to ship because the member was removed from the site. The only people that get punished for !EBAY's! incompetence is the sellers. Luckily one won't kill me, but it does waffle wagon me off.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@gwzcomps wrote:

I have a strike right now for tracking not uploaded at all. This is for a transaction that !EBAY! canceled, and !EBAY! told me not to ship because the member was removed from the site. The only people that get punished for !EBAY's! incompetence is the sellers. Luckily one won't kill me, but it does waffle wagon me off.

I have had Ebay cancel orders before, but never in the fashion that a seller can cancel an order and therefore it had no effect on my Dashboard numbers.

Any item that is on your dashboard is a defect [not a strike].  What you describe is very odd indeed.  Did you contact Ebay to see why an Ebay cancelled transaction was even showing up on your Dashboard?

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

You you are right it is a defect 😛 Stupid thing is between the email and me talking to CS I was assured the order was canceled, fees were credited, and I didn't need to ship it. This is not the first time it has happened, but suspicious buyer emails are not uncommon since I sell electronics. Partial quote from email.

We recommend you take the following actions if this buyer won the item:
- If you haven't received payment, don't complete the sale or send the item to the buyer.
- Don't communicate with the buyer directly.
- Verify any payments you've been notified of by logging into your payment account (or other online payment service).
- If the buyer requests a refund or additional payments, don't send any money without contacting eBay first.
- If you've already sent the item, try contacting the shipping carrier to find out if you can stop shipment.

In these types of situations, we may, at our sole discretion, decide whether to credit the fees for removed listings.

We have credited all associated fees except for payments processing fees and the final value fee for your listing(s).

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

I too received emails saying it was taken care of, then got defects anyway. STILL working thru this with customer service. My account is still below standard but at least I have a couple people calling me back now and some of the system errors fallout has been kind of fixed. Only took 30 hours on the phone over the course of 24 days. 😞 

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

There appear to be a lot of system errors right now. I still have a transaction showing unpaid in my account that was not only paid, it was paid thru the wrong place. I have paypal set up and it instead got routed thru my bank. I have one guy helping with that and had to submit documents.  They said 24 to 72 hours before it hopefully gets taken off my acount notifications. Calling customer service is a nightmare. For every question they have to route you thru a different department. Then they have a set list of responses to get thru and you have to talk to ten people before you do not get any help whatsoever. I am 30 hours in on phone time and still not done getting my account properly fixed. 😞 

Message 10 of 10
latest reply