cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BUYER SCAM------Remorse Reason

1 : Buyer purchased item, got it delivered.

2 : After 20 days, buyer sent  message that item do not hold liquid hot for more than two hours,how it can be justify if its hold more than two hours or not, so some reasons to return the products are remorse and ebay should reject such kind of returns on calling with considering sold units record and complaints about product if in past.

what you guys think what should be solution for this? if i ask him pictures , than i cannot justify the problem , so other side he no left negative feedback, now he  want to scam me, as he kept using this product for more than 20 days.so confusing....item is not expensive ,actually i can give him full refund and he will keep the product, but i will not give him chance to do it. at least i must fight...please suggest any solution for this.

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

There you go.  You've sold many of them without this complaint.  So you can feel fine about your product.  I understand why you feel this is unjust.  It is.  But understand the dilemma for eBay.  Disputes cost money.  This one is small.  It's a matter of whether the product did what it promised.  You've got 550 satisfied customers and one dude who wants to return the item used.  You can fight this battle, or you can decide it is not worth anyone's time and just appease and then block.    You should remember that he could leave feedback that would harm your future sales of the product.  I'd double check that he is not a competitor and then seriously focus on coming out of this with your feedback intact. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 10 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

What was the item? Did you say in your description that it held liquid hot longer than 2 hours?
Message 2 of 17
latest reply

yes its mentioned in my listing its Keeps beverages hot/cold for up to 6 Hours.
Message 3 of 17
latest reply

You can not prove buyer is wrong or scamming and neither can ebay so you either accept return for refund or ebay will do it for you

This is a user to user board not eBay employees.
----------------------------------------------------------------
When people show you who they are, believe them
Message 4 of 17
latest reply

@uniwarehousewares wrote:

If you claimed the item keeps beverages hot/cold for up to 6 hours, and the buyer claims in keeps beverages hot for only 2  hours, the item is not as you described it. That's not a remorse reason--it's a SNAD.

Accept the return, issue a return mailing label, and refund the buyer's entire cost when you get the item back.

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

@uniwarehousewares wrote:

Then it's not remorse

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

After looking at your sales, I assume it was a brand new thermos.  The manufacturer lists that it keeps liquids warm up to 6 hours.  So the buyer's complaint is with the manufacturer.  At this point, it is used.  He can't return a used item for a full refund.   He can file a complaint with the product manufacturer and leave comments about the product on the manufacturer's website.  You can appreciate his feedback on the product, but it is not feedback on your service.  Regardless....since it is cheap, MAYBE you can just say "I'm sorry you were dissatisfied," give him his money back but also block him.  Problem solved.  Since other customers are happy, I wouldn't worry about it.  If the complaint comes up again, you might test one and see if the product does what it says it does.

My experience with thermoses is that they usually overstate the time.  However, I don't actually time it out.  So....oh well.  I'm sure different variables can affect the time it keeps things warm.  Some people waste their lives making mountains out of molehills.  If it's cheap, maybe just appease this one.

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

i have sold almost 550 units i never had such complain, its seems buyer is trying to play.how he can justify he is right? i will come to know when i will receive the item that will be too late.
Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Your information and advice to the OP is incorrect.

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

There you go.  You've sold many of them without this complaint.  So you can feel fine about your product.  I understand why you feel this is unjust.  It is.  But understand the dilemma for eBay.  Disputes cost money.  This one is small.  It's a matter of whether the product did what it promised.  You've got 550 satisfied customers and one dude who wants to return the item used.  You can fight this battle, or you can decide it is not worth anyone's time and just appease and then block.    You should remember that he could leave feedback that would harm your future sales of the product.  I'd double check that he is not a competitor and then seriously focus on coming out of this with your feedback intact. 

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

how buyer can prove he is right? i never had such complaint after selling around 550 units online only on ebay, i have sold 60,000 pcs to many physical stores, never had any complaint about this . so i am sure what kind of this buyer is.its not about money its about to handle scammers .whatever i will block this buyer and will report him.

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

thank you for sharing your views, i will definitely block this guy and will report him.i can easily afford this cost but when its come to scammer i hate to give money to scammers.
Message 12 of 17
latest reply

One man's hot is another man's cold. Awhile back I got a negative and SNAD from a buyer saying that I advertised the clothing as "soft". They disagreed with that and said the item wasn't soft.

Another time I sold a t-shirt with a "funny" design. Funny was in my title and the buyer argued that it wasn't "funny"... SNAD!!!

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Which part?  That if the buyer bought something new, he can't return it used?  That's true.  Exception is that the buyer claims it is not as described.  The seller has 550 sales without this complaint.  So maybe this one is faulty.  More likely this buyer just decided he didn't like it.  The not as described guarantee is not for items you don't like.  It's for items misrepresented.

Or maybe you disagree with what I said about the manufacturer.  If an eBay seller is selling a new item and the buyer doesn't like it, the buyer's beef is with the manufacturer.  The seller lists the features the manufacturer has on the box.  eBay sellers are not warranty companies.  That doesn't erase the fact that eBay will force returns and refunds.  But it might help the seller find a new way to look at it.  The way people unload on sellers on this forum, they are left with the impression everyone thinks it's their fault.  Based on the facts on this thread, I do not think it is the seller's fault.  I do not think a forced return is just.  I know it will happen anyway.  But I refuse to pretend it is just.

Maybe the buyer compromised the seal on the thermos.  In the list of things we cannot prove, that's one of them.  If I were the seller, I'd appease the buyer and move on.  I'm just not willing to word it in such a way that I say it is his error.

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

I don't blame you.  Probably the easiest answer is to just appease him and be thankful it is a small amount.  Do report him.  That's a great idea.  Especially remember to block him.  Good luck with your future sales.

Message 15 of 17
latest reply