cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically adding then accepting half price best offer

Let me see if I got this right, lol. So Chinabay, Sponsored by China Air (this is an actual thing. Their banner took up half my page the other night) has taken a hit from their own unnecessary meddling that they have now graced and blessed us sellers with their interference in OUR listings.......hmmmmm. This reeks of desperation, which would smell like curry filled, sweaty gym socks covered in bile, if desperation in this case, were a literal thing. If I were to write a letter it would go something like this, “Dear Bright Ideas Guy, Your ideas are not as bright as u think. Since you want to start offering best offers on MY items and accepting half price offers for review, I think it’s only fair you pay (cost) for them. I will gladly provide you with store receipts for tax purposes! Paypal accepted! However, the profits after fees will remain mine. You know, for the time involved, storage fees and shipping inconvenience. Oh and the fact that with every package sent to a buyer, I potentially run the risk of losing my item and money. Have your people get with my people so we can discuss this matter further. Thank you for your very valuable time. I know how busy you are fixing what’s not broke.....well wasn’t broke before” ....or something like that. That last paragraph has actually been sent to them via their feedback request on my page. For the ebayers posing as one of “us”, just because u don’t agree doesn’t make the other 750,937 of us who clearly have an issue with this, wrong. So tell me, how do all of u guys feel waking up to offers on things u never added offers to in the first place? 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Oh darn, I forgot to add, “Since they have now become “our” listings, I do not care to pay insertion fees after listing my first 50 items for the month. Take care of that, would ya?”
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

They’re not accepting offers; they’re passing them on to you. Are you intentionally trying to scare people?

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

They are not accepting offers for you.

They add a Best Offer if they feel the price listed is too high.

They will reject automatically any offer that is more than 30% off.

They will not accept automatically unless the seller has set it up to do that, and that would be at the seller's accepted Best Offer price.

If that is not set up, auto acceptance, and the offer is less than 30% off, it will be sent to the seller for their consideration.

Hope this makes you feel somewhat better.  

Message 4 of 4
latest reply