cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authentication Guarantee Item sold to international buyer, now going through GSP?

55559F4A-2E4B-4FE1-9650-B014F215F29E.jpeg

8BBFF6E7-1B5C-400B-9796-3B8A004488CD.jpeg

As the title states, I just sold an item that was listed with the authentication guarantee program.

Obviously I want to utilize this program as then I cannot be scammed by the buyer claiming not as described / inauthentic.

An international buyer from Canada just bought the item, and now it shows in the sold category as an international shipping program sale.

I am worried the buyer could now possibly claim not as described and force a return. With the authentication guarantee it is also a final sale and this I am unsure. 

I want to cancel the sale because this seems like a glitch, but I am worried about negative feedback then.

Any help would be appreciated!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Authentication Guarantee Item sold to international buyer, now going through GSP?

@bdawgscollectibles  The bad news is, Authenticity Guarantee does not apply to international shipments.

https://www.ebay.com/authenticity-guarantee/streetwear

At checkout, why is my streetwear clothing item no longer eligible for Authenticity Guarantee?

Authenticated streetwear may be shipped to buyers in the United States inclusive of PO boxes. It is best practice for buyers shipping to Puerto Rico to include Puerto Rico or PR as the state in their delivery address, and not as the country. Currently, authenticated streetwear cannot be shipped to any other locations, including unincorporated territories (incl. Guam, Virgin Islands, North Mariana Islands, American Samoa and Palau) and U.S. Armed Forces bases.

The good news is, eBay handles all returns through the eBay International Shipping program - all you have to do is make sure it gets to the international hub.

https://www.ebay.com/sellercenter/shipping/ebay-international-shipping 

Am I responsible for international returns?

No, eBay handles them for you with eBay International Shipping.

Once your item is received undamaged at the domestic shipping hub, your sale is considered complete. If the buyer opens a return, your item will be returned to a third party service provider or liquidated and you will keep your sale.

In the event a buyer contacts you and asks for a refund, let them know to choose the return option in their order history. Learn more about how your buyer can request a refund.

For any other shipping method including eBay International Standard Delivery, the seller’s return policies apply and the seller is responsible for managing the return.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

.......................  answered above

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

The GSP no longer exists and has been replaced by the EIS program. As valueaddedresource 

mentioned you are covered under the EIS program which it appears your item is shipping through. I suspect you are shipping your item to the EIS hub in Illinois. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Honestly, you’re better off with a EIS shipment than the Authenticity Program. Better protections, and less problems reported.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply