cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attn: Clothes Sellers -- Summer all wrapped up?

I have a ton of fall/winter things to list. They are in draft form just waiting for the Sept 1st new store listing allotments.  In the meantime, I have many short sleeve tees and sundresses that I am just waiting to roll off so I can store them in TL for the winter.

In the meantime my sales are absolutely in the toilet which begs the question: is summer completely wrapped up now?  Are any clothes sellers still selling lightweight and short sleeve items?  I know I am most definitely not Smiley Sad

Happy 2018! May this upcoming year be a prosperous one!
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I see you have a store, do you have a basic store (therefore are limited on the items you have listed at one time)?  If not, list everything you have, regardless of season!! Always.  If so, then I'd get the fall/winter items on now or very soon.  

One of the few very unique things about eBay, is that one can purchase 'off season' items.  Whereas most other retailers are sold out, or have very limited inventory left.  If it's not listed, it cannot sell, still remains true 🙂 lol

That being said, in the past 2 days I've sold shorts, pants, long & short sleeve shirts.  However, more of the items have been long sleeve/long pant items.  The season is certainly changing more towards cooler weather items now.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Yes, I have a basic store so there is a limit on number of items I list unless I want to pay insertion fees which I refuse to do.  So I am just allowing the summer things to roll off and I will put them into TL until the end of Feb when I will list them again for upcoming spring/summer.

I have tons and tons of new fall/winter inventory but I am out of Aug allotments for my store and I refuse to pay insertion fees so they will won't be listed until Sept 1 when I get my new 250/250 freebie listings from the store.

My sales have just taken a nosedive this week.  The only thing I sold was a fall/winter little girl's vest.  The summer stuff is just sitting there stagnant.

If I sold enough and could justify paying insertion fees I'd keep all seasons listed all year round, but don't sell/make enough to justify doing so.  But it sounds like you are still selling some warm weather things.  I'm definitely not Man SadSmiley Sad

Happy 2018! May this upcoming year be a prosperous one!
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

My cousin is getting married at the end of next month.

In Miami

Formal

I can't find a lightweight formal dress in the stores to save my life right now ... and I am in NW Florida 😞

So ... guess where I am shopping 🙂

I have always said that eBay is a GLOBAL marketplace that has no "seasons" ... winter here is summer in the Southern Hemisphere ... and even within the U.S., us folks down south wear lightweight clothing all year (you couldn't tell by what's on the racks at JC Penny and Macy's though) .... and ... people travel ... beaches or skiing.

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I figured it was a store/limit thing.  And I would do the same thing you are doing, as it's not worth ending items.  I am still selling some summer items, but I can see the transition over the past week.  I will say though, I sell mostly adult clothing. When I sold kids things, I transitioned at end of July, beginning of Aug at the latest.  So if you have more kids than adult clothes timing matters differently.

Moms seem to think in advance for kids, esp when school shopping season comes up, which is usually end of July or thereabouts.  Adults seem to buy more based on the weather outside or actual season.  Next  year, if you're still selling, I'd strongly consider transitioning items to fall/winter in the beginning of August at the latest 🙂 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I don't sell clothes, but I do know that Seattle's weather will be in the mid- to high 80's for the next week or so. Other parts of the country generally get a "hot" spell well into September. Then there's the cruise season to warmer climes and the upcoming "summer" season Down Under. Also consider layering. Some fabrics, colors or styles are more appropriate to a single season, but others are usable throughout the year.

Basically, it comes down to marketing to the right audience at the right time. And that includes having items newly listed or ending soonest that target a specific time zone (domestic or international) so that they are seen when the potential customers are most likely to be shopping.

~~C~~
My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply