cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else getting a rash of " Can you ship it to another address?"

It's happening to me a lot lately.  Almost once a day.

I end up having to cancel the transaction, telling them to fix the address, then purchase again with the correct address.

Sometimes they re-order. Sometimes they don't and i lose the sale. 

Anyone else enountering this more thn usual?

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

There has been a rash of reports about this, but it is not the actual buyer asking, but a scam artist trying to get a seller to void their seller protection, and send them a free item. Never cancel the transaction until you are certain it is the real buyer making the request. 

EDIT: oh, inhawaii it is you. You already know this, sorry i hit send before i saw your user ID!

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

I'm not experiencing that... but other weirdness. Like 'first-time ever' weirdness.

-Two days after delivery I had one buyer message, "You shipped to my billing address, not my shipping address."

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I only ever get em for the bracelets... usually G'ma wanting em sent to grandkids, so I just send em to the addy they want... not bit me yet.  But they are dollar items, so your mileage may vary 😉

I hate photobucket right now... PS Answers given years ago may or may not be current now, please check with current posters to the boards to see if the information is still relevant.
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

I get this all the time. It’s no different for me nowadays.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

No. Can't even recall the last time I got that request. 

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

I have never had this happen (yet). Of course, I've only been selling for 6 months, so that may change!

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

I sell a lot of items that are given as gifts, so I get that fairly regularly, although not any more lately than usual.  I have never cancelled a sale and asked the buyer to re-purchase, I have always just shipped where they asked me to.  I do check to be sure it is the actual buyer who made the request.  Anyway, I've done this thousands of times with never a single problem from doing so.  I don't sell anything that is an attractive scam item, and most often these requests are for items under $50, so I don't think I'm taking much of a risk.   I get that I am going against the existing board "wisdom", but I think the cancel/rebuy approach causes more overall harm than just changing the address does.  I wouldn't think twice about changing an address for pretty much anything you sell.  Live just a tiny bit dangerously!  And it's only a very small risk. 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Yes, I have gotten a lot of these especially since the covid-19 thing happened. I thing some people are temporarily staying other places or with relati. ves, etc. I know I probably should have made them change their address on ebay and I would cancel and all that extra work for items that were $20 or under. I just went ahead and sent to new address. But like I said these items were under $20 and the items were things I highly doubt anyone was trying to scam me on. Since the price was so low, I took that chance of losing my protection. Had no problems doing it and excellent feedback. No big deal, now if it was a large item or something like $50 or more I would request them to let me cancel and then have them change their address. I made a judgment call on these orders and really they were not a big deal. It is up to you and what you feel comfortable doing.
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

"Sometimes they re-order. Sometimes they don't and i lose the sale."

Or you've protected your\self from a scammer.  

Message 10 of 10
latest reply