cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another example of how new ebay buyers are as much of a joke as ebay's feedback system

Please follow along:

Title of the listing states: "No Game"

Line #6 of the listing description states: "-game disc is NOT included"

Line #27 of the listing description states: "-the final photo of the set shows the game disc as a reference only to confirm that all materials came from an original and authentic brand new copy of the game".  As a seller, I do this because ebay allows other sellers to list and sell illegal reproductions.  I do not sell illegal reproductions.  

Line #28 of the listing description states: "-to reiterate, game disc is NOT included"

Buyer leaves disparaging feedback because he did not receive a game disc.  

Buyer purchased the item mere minutes after it went live.  

Buyer purchased the item from a subcategory of my store called "Authentic materials for CIB".  All items in this subcategory do not contain any games.  All items in this subcategory include "No Game" in their listing title.  My store has a completely separate subcategory called "Used games".  All item is this subcategory contain games.  Buyer made purchases from both categories.  

Buyer did not ask any questions before making the purchase.

Sellers are not allowed to leave a response to buyer's feedback that is clearly and indisputably inaccurate and is beyond a shadow of a doubt a result of the buyer's a) inability to comprehend or b) unwillingness to actually read the description associated with the listing where specific details, corroborated with the corresponding photos, are reiterated multiple times.  

Sellers cannot prevent other prospective buyers from reading that feedback that disparages the seller without any warrant and makes completely false claims about the seller's ethics regarding listing details. 

I sell the overwhelming majority of my high priced items off of ebay.  I only sell nickel and dime items on ebay i.e. "my trash is someone else's treasure".  

I purchase the overwhelming majority of my online items off of ebay.

The only way ebay will ever change for the better is to cost it money.   Money only matters to ebay.  Quality of experience does not.    

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Another example of how new ebay buyers are as much of a joke as ebay's feedback system

@eiketsu wrote:

Line #27 of the listing description states: "-the final photo of the set shows the game disc as a reference only to confirm that all materials came from an original and authentic brand new copy of the game".  

Your picture is part of your description.

Never picture an item that is not included because this create a contradiction within your listing. 

Listing contradiction = better chance of buyer confusion = better chance of SNAD

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@eiketsu wrote:

Line #27 of the listing description states: "-the final photo of the set shows the game disc as a reference only

If the game disk is not included, it should not have been in the photos.

When buyers look at the photos, they expect to get what is shown.

You're lucky they left a neutral and not a negative.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Maybe more buyers would read your description if it wasn’t so long and filled with fluffy words like procured. I’m sure by line 28 their eyes are glazing over and they forgot the beginning. Listings should be just the facts and as short as possible.

At least you have “no game” in the title. Sadly you do have a game in your pictures. Haven’t you read those endless descriptions from other sellers who write “the pictures are part of the description”?

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@eiketsu wrote:

Please follow along:

Title of the listing states: "No Game"

Line #6 of the listing description states: "-game disc is NOT included"   

Why are you listing it in the Video Games category if there is in fact no game?

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Why can't you leave a response to the buyers feedback to dispute their claim that no game disc was included?    Although sellers can't leave negative feedback you are allowed to respond to their comments.  I would do it professionally.  i.e. Buyer did not read that game disc was not included.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Putting "No Game" at the end of the item title works for listings viewed using a desktop browser, but here is how two of your listings look when viewed in the eBay app:

Screenshot_20201007-221513.jpg

You may want to put "No Game" closer to the beginning of the title to avoid this.

Yes, potential buyers should read the entire listing and understand what they are getting. But as a seller, you should strive to do everything possible to avoid a situation where a buyer misunderstands what you are selling -- it is in your best interest to minimize any possible confusion that can ultimately cost you money.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply