cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Change~line graph says shipped, tracking doesn't show shipped!

Look at the line graph that says paid, shipped, delivered.  It may show shipped, but if you check the tracking, it just shows a label has been printed.

Just a heads up as sellers may be getting inquiries as to why there is this discrepancy, since the message sent now says, your order is being shipped, not that it has shipped.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Could you provide a screenshot please? Thanks!
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Hopefully you will get the screenshot. I recently sold an item, printed the label, ship was to be next day not same day as label cut. eBay showed "shipped" when only the label is cut. And I get an email from ebay saying the item was shipped. Needs a big ebay fix. And I thought it was fixed way back? I had to emessage the buyer to explain the mixup.

I ain't got the brains to make this up (Fantastic Beasts)
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Maybe one of the guys can stop in and give some clarification and a screenshot.  

I had thought that the new emails to the buyer was showing the date the label was created, which as we all know may or may not be the same day the shipment actually happens.  So the change in the email was to be more accurate.  Tracking would show the actual date that the carrier got the item.  Well if they are scanning properly.

@Anonymous 

tyler@ebay 

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

I had thought that the new emails to the buyer was showing the date the label was created, which as we all know may or may not be the same day the shipment actually happens.  So the change in the email was to be more accurate.  Tracking would show the actual date that the carrier got the item.  Well if they are scanning properly.

@Anonymous 

tyler@ebay 

Hi @mam98031! The new page does show the item has shipped once a label is created. When the buyer clicks on the Track Shipment button it will provide more detail. I've provided some screenshots below to show what a buyer will see.

Track Shipment.JPG

This is what appears when the buyer clicks on the Track Shipment button:

Track Shipment 2.JPG

I can see why this may cause some confusion, so I'll pass this feedback along. Thanks!

Brian,
Community Team
Message 5 of 14
latest reply

If you go to your Purchase History, you will see this, but since  you may not have any purchases"

Re: What the heck is happening w/this website, all tracking numbers not showing for purchases! End b
in reply to 03-08-2019 09:20:24 AM
brian.t@ebay
Last Edited 03-08-2019 09:21:26 AM
@1butters wrote:

What the heck is happening w/this website, all tracking numbers not showing for purchases!  Woke up to see next problem on here!

Got my own solution:  Just don't buy on here any more!

Hi @1butters, I show that the items you've purchased and have been shipped do have tracking. The information @castlemagicmemories shared is correct. In the upper right above each order you'll see a blue "Track Shipment" button (as shown in the screenshot below). Clicking that button will show you the full tracking details. 

Track Shipment.JPG

If any members response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and one member's response resolved your question, please click 'Accept as Solution.' More on Accepted Solutions.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

brian@ebay wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

@Anonymous 

tyler@ebay 

Hi @mam98031! The new page does show the item has shipped once a label is created. When the buyer clicks on the Track Shipment button it will provide more detail. I've provided some screenshots below to show what a buyer will see.

Track Shipment.JPG

This is what appears when the buyer clicks on the Track Shipment button:

Track Shipment 2.JPG

I can see why this may cause some confusion, so I'll pass this feedback along. Thanks!

Thank you for the response and graphic.  I happen to like this change a lot.  While I agree a little more clarity may be in order, I think it is a vast improvement over the old version of this email.  I think Ebay is moving in the right direction here and allows for more complete information.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

I posted your screen shot and Brian's answer. 

Hope this helps!

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

This had already been addressed on another thread? I can't see the name of the thread cuz that guy's head's in the way. LOL! But he had already answered it?

Anywho--my line graph has been showing as shipped, even though it's just the label info, for quite some time. Months, maybe. I wonder if they rolled it out slowly to smaller groups of members at a time?

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

@pburn wrote:

This had already been addressed on another thread? I can't see the name of the thread cuz that guy's head's in the way. LOL! But he had already answered it?

Anywho--my line graph has been showing as shipped, even though it's just the label info, for quite some time. Months, maybe. I wonder if they rolled it out slowly to smaller groups of members at a time?

Yes, I started my thread yesterday and the other thread showed up this morning.  I posted the answer in that thread and Brian happened to step in to confirm my information and to answer the OP.   There was no need for me to post an answer in this thread because this OP was the answer.

You may be looking at something different.  The line graph was previously available on returns.  It is possible that this was a gradual roll out.  

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/What-the-heck-is-happening-w-this-website-all-tracking-numbers...

Community Team brian.t@ebay
Re: What the heck is happening w/this website, all tracking numbers not showing for purchases! End b
in reply to 1butters 03-08-2019 09:20:24 AM
brian.t@ebay
Last Edited 03-08-2019 09:21:26 AM
@1butters wrote:
What the heck is happening w/this website, all tracking numbers not showing for purchases! Woke up to see next problem on here!

Got my own solution: Just don't buy on here any more!

Hi @1butters, I show that the items you've purchased and have been shipped do have tracking. The information @castlemagicmemories shared is correct. In the upper right above each order you'll see a blue "Track Shipment" button (as shown in the screenshot below). Clicking that button will show you the full tracking details.

Track Shipment.JPG

If any members response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and one member's response resolved your question, please click 'Accept as Solution.' More on Accepted Solutions.
Add Tags...

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

@pburn wrote:

Yes, Brian decided to step in to confirm my info at 9:20 this AM.  He answered this thread at 9:53 this AM.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

May I ask why all the multiple posts? It seems most try to address numerous posts in one post rather than multiple. It really confuses things and takes up a lot of space.

I could teach you to copy and paste or take a screen shot correctly if you'd like. LMK

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

brian@ebay 

Just want to thank you for stepping in and confirming~very much appreciated!

Message 14 of 14
latest reply