cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An auction issue I need help with- listing no longer accurate but bidder still will buy

Hello,

I have an auction running that will end soon and has one bid. When I pulled out the item which is a booklet, the back page tore in half. I contacted the bidder through Ebay with a picture and asked if he was still interested, otherwise I had to cancel the auction because the description was no longer accurate. I have to cancel it regardless but I am happy to sell it to him for his bid. How do I do that correctly through Ebay?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

An auction issue I need help with- listing no longer accurate but bidder still will buy

@michaelruggier0wrote:
 .... I have to cancel it regardless but I am happy to sell it to him for his bid. How do I do that correctly through Ebay?

Are you going to cancel it, or are you going to sell it?

If the auction has more than 12 hours left, you can just end it and choose to cancel the bid so there is no transaction.  If the buyer has informed you that he still wants the item at his bid price despite the damage, you can end the auction early but choose to sell it to him at the price showing instead.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Do just as you did.

Ask buyer if he still wants it.  If not you will cancel as buyer requested.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@michaelruggier0wrote:
 .... I have to cancel it regardless but I am happy to sell it to him for his bid. How do I do that correctly through Ebay?

Are you going to cancel it, or are you going to sell it?

If the auction has more than 12 hours left, you can just end it and choose to cancel the bid so there is no transaction.  If the buyer has informed you that he still wants the item at his bid price despite the damage, you can end the auction early but choose to sell it to him at the price showing instead.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply