cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I doing something wrong?

Hey everyone! Hope you are all well today!

I am coming here because lately it feels like my sales are slowly going down. There was a point where every morning I woke up to sales if not notificaitons about items getting bids. Now it seems like I wake up to tumble weeds. 

I have been consistently selling the same type of items for years now, and things have always been pretty steady. Now it feels like I barely get any views and my sales are stalling.

Is there something I have done wrong with my listings? Was hoping to come to this community to see if someone could maybe take a gander at what I have listed and offer any helpful / friendly advice?

Thanks ahead of time guys, I really really appreciate any help!

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I just checked a couple of listings and I noticed there were no measurements (this was a clock and a model car)

While buyers can ask questions, many just hit the back button.  Having all the info needed for a buyer to make an informed decision in the listing can improve sales.

Good Luck to you!

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Thank you for that! I see you saw the model car and clock listings. and I can see where that advice will come in handy.

I was more so concerned about the bigger things I seel like the consoles and bundles. Those were moving steady pretty much since day one, it is as of late that they just seem to be slowing down. Even simple things like PC RAM or full working laptops/desktops also seem to be slowing down.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

@secondchancegaming wrote:

Thank you for that! I see you saw the model car and clock listings. and I can see where that advice will come in handy.

I was more so concerned about the bigger things I seel like the consoles and bundles. Those were moving steady pretty much since day one, it is as of late that they just seem to be slowing down. Even simple things like PC RAM or full working laptops/desktops also seem to be slowing down.

I didn't check your listings (I'm in Canada, and often don't see people's listings if Canadian shipping isn't specified).

If you're selling things like model cars, the consumers are disappearing for this stuff. I do coins, stamps, etc, and my buyers don't have the same money to spend they once did, and there are lots of these things for sale and no one to buy them. (We get around 10% catalog value on our stamps, and around 40% catalog value on our coins).

Some items aren't selling because there's so much of them out there. With technology, I have "rare" items in my store (rare is in, no competition), but the technology is years out of date, so they've moved onto something better. Technology needs to be state of the art to stay in the game.

I don't think it's you, I've been reading threads for months no sales disappearing and people asking why... I think they're buying elsewhere, buying other stuff, and don't have the cash to spend in the current economy.

Cheers, C.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Browsing around the forums, it also seems that a lot of people are noticing a correlation between the views counter not working for sellers and their sales slipping as well.

I'm really hoping this is just some kind of eBay glitch causing this. It appears the general consensus is that July 4th is the target fix date. I'm crossing my fingers.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I almost didn't check any listings because of your id.  I am not familiar with those items and so couldn't properly evaluate any listings like that with any perspective.  But hopefully others will be along to help with those.  

I've read that listing some every day helps visibility.  Also tweaking and adjusting listings, titles, running sales.

Someone said that if you get a watcher, they raise the price.  Another watcher, another small price increase and that the item sells quickly then.

But there are many threads on this Board if you research no or slow sales.  And the site is having extreme problems and issues lately; functionality is impaired.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I humbly appreciate you taking the time though to read my thrad and try to offer insight. 

Thank you! 

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

I see you have 51 listings. 

Looks like that xbox will do good.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

I humbly appreciate you taking the time though to read my thrad and try to offer insight. 

Thank you! 

You're welcome!  I'm just sorry you have this issue and I hope your sales increase.  Sadly, I wish I could just wave a magic wand and your sales would pick up~but I can't do that.  Many have had that issue and likened it to a faucet or a light being shut off.  I know that doesn't help you, but I hope something in your thread do help you.  There is and has been speculation that Ebay allows a certain number of sales site wide and that visibility is shared on a rotating basis.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@castlemagicmemories wrote:

I just checked a couple of listings and I noticed there were no measurements (this was a clock and a model car)

While buyers can ask questions, many just hit the back button.  Having all the info needed for a buyer to make an informed decision in the listing can improve sales.

Good Luck to you!

In the case of the car, I know that Hot Wheels or Matchbox are usually set measurements so a collector would know the size.  But someone who is not familiar with that and is unsure may feel more confident if the measurements are there.  

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

I just checked a doll listing.  My wheelhouse, LOL.

You don't really give a description for the doll.  How tall is it, seated as shown?

The condition is used.  Any damage to the doll?  What condition is the box in?  I see from the picture that the COA is included and original box but your description doesn't say that.  You do say, picture is of the actual item you will receive, which is fine.  But basically you are saying, see pictures.

On the Cool Maker See N' Style Sewing Machine, I can see from the picture that you can make ten projects, it makes pom poms, and include style string and sparkly material, but that is not in the description.

Just some thoughts.  Maybe consider re vamping your descriptions to include more information.  Hopefully that will help; but I know your main concern are the tech items.

This Board has recommended picturing as if there were no descriptions, and describing as if there were no pictures, FWIW.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply