cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding to a No Return Policy

I have a no return policy since I've gotten returns back in used or poor condition. Where on my no return policy can I explain the reason for no returns or is my only option to just put the info in the listing? Many Thanks!

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@doll.lady wrote:

I have a no return policy since I've gotten returns back in used or poor condition. Where on my no return policy can I explain the reason for no returns or is my only option to just put the info in the listing? Many Thanks!

eBay does not provide a space where you can add an explanation for why you have "no returns". Your only option is to put something in your listing, which IMHO would look defensive and suspicious. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Your no return policy only covers remorse returns. MBG trumps everything you put in your listings.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

@doll.lady wrote:

eBay does not provide a space where you can add an explanation for why you have "no returns". Your only option is to put something in your listing, which IMHO would look defensive and suspicious. 

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

What is MBG?

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Money Back Guarantee

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Thanks!
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

You can put it in your profile, with a complete explanation. Not that buyers will bother to actually READ it, of course. Actually, no reason is necessary. Sellers have to be super vigilant these days. We are getting ripped off right and left.
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

I would think that ebay would accept your statement that the item was NOT returned in the same condition that it was shipped in. This is one of the oldest scams on the internet. Make sure you STATE that the item must be in the SAME condition as when shipped. Make sure your photos are EXPLICITLY of the item you are selling. Then, if it's returned and looks different, you have proof. No guarantees, of course. I have left ebay a few times when things like this happened!
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

I found this under the money back guarantee policy:

Activity that is not allowed includes, but is not limited to:

A buyer opening duplicate requests using other buyer protection programs
A buyer colluding with a seller to wrongly declare an item's value for customs
A buyer filing a chargeback after receiving a refund
A buyer claiming an item was not received when there is proof of delivery to the buyer's address on the Order details page
A buyer falsely claiming an item was not as described
A buyer returning an item other than the original item received
A buyer using or damaging an item and then returning it

There seem to be a couple here that might apply. The problem is i getting ebay to see YOUR side of the problem. That's why photos are so important.

Good luck!
Message 10 of 10
latest reply