cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add photos from mobile device on ebay website no longer works

Add photos from mobile device deep-linking no longer works....Where is this now?

Steps:

1. Create a new item listing from your computer
  2. Under photos click "Add from mobile device"
  3. Wait for notification that a notification has been sent to your mobile device and dismiss it
  4. On your mobile device, tap the incoming notification to launch the eBay app

Result: App launches to main "Sell an Item" view.

Expected result: Application should launch into the photo selection view for the item you created in step 1.

NOW it asks for a URL. WHO USES THIS>!!!!!>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>?????????????

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

That was the best feature EVER and now the only other option is to add pics from a website???? **bleep**?!?!?

Now I have to select pics from my phone and airdrop them onto my computer and then add them to the listing. Extra steps that are so unnecessary when they had the perfect setup and then changed it.

A bit like eBay managed payments... Certainly not an upgrade from PayPal...

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

I begin creating the listing using my phone app just to add the pictures, then save it as a draft.  Then I finish the listing on my PC.  

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Hi, ive had the same issue. I opted into sellers hub which changed the listing tool resulting in the broken "upload from mobile button". 

I was able to opt out of sellers hub on the seller hub main page and this fixed the problem. Now im back on the "classic" listing tool which is functioning...unlike large portions of the seller hub.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@michaelruth wrote:

I begin creating the listing using my phone app just to add the pictures, then save it as a draft.  Then I finish the listing on my PC.  

😂And I do just the opposite - create the listing on my PC, Save as Draft ... then go to eBay on my iPhone and add the photos from there. For me, I've found it easiest to take the photos from my iphone than from my camera and then move to the PC. 

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I basically do the same thing in reverse - write up the drafts on my pc, then switch to my phone and upload all the pics from there. 

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

The NEW EBAY LOOK SUCKS ! I reached out for help to go back to the classic view. Person helping my was useless. I think we are stuck with the new variation. Bummed out.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

I contacted Ebay because I could not find the opt out option. The person helping me could not find

it either. You must be the only lucky person that got to do that. I am so bummed. 

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Same here, a little clunky but still a time saver!

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply