cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account suspended REAL NO reason

Hi everyone,
I really have a problem, I've been an ebay seller for a few years but for personal reasons this year we changed our residence because we went to open a company in another country.
And so far, everything is normal.
eBay doesn't allow changing residency in an account, so with their advice I opened a new eBay (they know).
Well my new account after a month and a half was banned and the reason would seem to be because it grew too fast.
The account was banned immediately after receiving 22 sales the day before.
I understand that there are controls because I was a novice it might seem very strange, but if I already have experience on eBay I think it's normal, especially selling items worth $15-20 (I didn't sell iphones or televisions...)
Shipments were made by us, from the same residential address (we do not do dropshipping).
Every time I ask for explanation I get an automatic message that my account is too risky but they can't tell why.
I contact them by phone and finally they send me a non-automatically generated email, where they ask me for some information (I find it fair).
They wanted to know where I shipped from, if I had a supplier, and how long take a shipping.
I replied to their email also sending invoices from my supplier and letters of authorization to sell their products.

I was hopeful of getting my account back, but instead surprise... I got the auto-generated emails again.

In this case what should be done?
Because the account is in the company name and therefore, as you can understand, it is a lot of damage both financially and to the image.

The company is 100% online and works on marketplaces (it's the easiest way to start, we don't have that much time and economic strength to open our own site right now).

PS: Forgot to mention, account was above standard, 0 late shipments, 0 defects, 0 disputes.

1 positive feedback only (but I think this is irrelevant)

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

@mysecretcy 

Your feedback pretty much sums up why you were suspended.  Too many unhappy customers.  95% positive is not a good feedback score and you obviously had too many complaints filed.  It also appears you were drop shipping if you are located in Malta and  your items were coming from China.  Risky business platform. Item location misrepresentation as well.  Sorry.

Good luck with future business opportunities. 

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Did you read the message?
This account is not suspended, but unusable as the company no longer resides in Malta.
It wasn't a dropshipping account either, we ship the products from Malta and Spain (it's not forbidden if you have local warehouses or contracts with local suppliers).
Perhaps there was feedback that said from China, on thousands of sales and the customer was probably mistaken by confusing our store with another (it can happen).

However I would like an answer from those who know how to read a message and not from those who make morals for negative feedback (Amazon also has negative feedback .. an account with 100% positives is more suspicious .....)

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@mysecretcy wrote:

In this case what should be done?

Contact ebay to see what you have to do to get un-banned.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Honestly since we can't see your other account it would be hard to guess what ebay thought posed a risk to the community. Dropshipping aside, did you ever ship from China because a few of your solds say shipping from greater China. 

"I'm for truth no matter who tells it. I'm for JUSTICE no matter who it is for or against." - Malcolm X
"Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in periods of moral crisis maintain their neutrality." - JOHN F. KENNEDY
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@mysecretcy 

This isn't Amazon and feedback really doesn't mean anything. Customer service is what counts and from looking at this account you are posting your complaint on you were deemed a risk to the community.  We can't see the other account so I have no idea what to advise, nor do others.  No judgement or morals in involved.  Just a realistic observation.  Read into it as you wish.  If you don't like the answers you're getting here, contact Ebay thru customer service.  Perhaps they can advise better than those here.

Again,  Good luck to you. 

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Hi,

Yes i put the Greater China for increase the delivery date and avoid any claims for customer (the shipping by post is not fast and under 20$ i prefer ship in this way otherwise is very expensive.. )

But the problem is not with this account, this account i can't use it anymore because i change country of residence and eBay told me to open a new one, and since I'm a valuable customer, they helped me increase my sales limits in the other account, because I've been their customer for many years and blah blah blah.

The reason for the Ban was because I sold too many products and I listings too many products in the new account...
I practically didn't behave like a new customer, and therefore they were afraid that I would put the community at risk...
Although the parcels had already arrived at the customers.
And after the account has been banned, any customer opens a dispute, they immediately give the reason to the customer, taking away my money, even if the tracking says it was delivered to the correct address, even if I try to appeal, they always agree with the customers. ..

Too bad I can't attach a photo.

Furthermore, "dropshipping" is not prohibited in the eBay regulation, if you have a contract with suppliers or if you have the goods in a third party wharehouse, in China, France, USA, UK or wherever you want..
it is forbidden to dropship from Aliexpress, Amazon or similar, but I think that only kids do it, those who are beginners, not those who have a company.

I have all the contracts in hand, but eBay doesn't even bother to look at them (I mean suppliers contracts) I don't do dropshipping as eBay intends, I have 99% of my goods in my warehouse and some products I keep in third party warehouses (but the goods are mine!) and usually the products are a little more expensive in order to make better shipments, which from my country would cost a lot!

PS: I hadn't even published these products, but 100% of the trackings I had entered came from the same city where my account was registered!

Most likely eBay prefers Chinese sellers who sell 1 cent products... or new subscribers who sell iPhones of dubious origin...

Patience, life goes on even without eBay.

But I'm 100% sure, had I been a bigger company, none of this would have happened.....

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

This account was for your business based out of Malta where did you move your businesses to and what was the new account that got suspended based out of and what eBay site was it opened on? What was the item number of the 1 item you sold on the new site? 

EBay call in customer support is pretty much useless these days you may want to try reaching out to eBay through the FaceBook connection to see if you can get some additional information. There is more to this story and some reason eBay has linked this account and your new one together and it generated red flags. 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

There is ebay ban wave starting from november till end of feb ! 
for no reason they ban thousands of accounts to prevent some fraud for Christmas time and after. 
last year they even change selling limits for new accounts from 10/500 to 3/200 and now when this ban wave ended selling limits for new users is again back to normal 35/7000$ 

but still you can not sell all what you want as a new seller, because you will get “ reactivate your account” and after that permanent suspention ! 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply