cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account restricted REALLY!!!

Sometimes people just make mistakes in listing items or maybe click on the wrong tab or maybe forget to take off international shipping from a listing. Ebay doesn't seem to take any of that into consideration. I had a pair of pistol grips that I accidentally left the international shipping on and the item was taken down. I corrected it and all was well. The next day I had and WWII mortar shell trench art item and thought nothing of it. I found the item removed and my account restricted. No listing for three days. I have listed similar items numerous time with no mishap. I'm guessing that Ebay considered it a live shell casing but I really don't know. It is impossible to get through to Ebay with all the lockdowns happening. I've been on Ebay for almost 20 years and they can't even take that into consideration. They do what a vacuum cleaner does if you know what I mean.  Make a couple of honest errors and Ebay comes down on you with no recourse. The thing that really jerks my chains is that I found another item just like the WWII item I had taken down and reported it and put it in my watch list. Guess what? It's still there and in fact Ebay sent me a reminder that it would be closing soon. Unbelievable!!!!!

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Have you tried reading through the appropriate policies and see if you can find your own answers?

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/firearms-weapons-knives-policy?id=427...

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

What a joke.   Move the post and tell  you to read more.  

How many years have you been selling on ebay and you still don't know the rules.

Wait maybe ebay should read their own rules. 

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

brian@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

@debvor wrote:

Sometimes people just make mistakes in listing items or maybe click on the wrong tab or maybe forget to take off international shipping from a listing. Ebay doesn't seem to take any of that into consideration. I had a pair of pistol grips that I accidentally left the international shipping on and the item was taken down. I corrected it and all was well. The next day I had and WWII mortar shell trench art item and thought nothing of it. I found the item removed and my account restricted. No listing for three days. I have listed similar items numerous time with no mishap. I'm guessing that Ebay considered it a live shell casing but I really don't know. It is impossible to get through to Ebay with all the lockdowns happening. I've been on Ebay for almost 20 years and they can't even take that into consideration. They do what a vacuum cleaner does if you know what I mean.  Make a couple of honest errors and Ebay comes down on you with no recourse. The thing that really jerks my chains is that I found another item just like the WWII item I had taken down and reported it and put it in my watch list. Guess what? It's still there and in fact Ebay sent me a reminder that it would be closing soon. Unbelievable!!!!!

Hi @debvor, If you can share more details about the item, such as a picture, here then I'll be happy to do what I can to help! 

Brian,
Community Team
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@debvor   The "take down" part is probably all automated and monitored by computer (since most eBay employees who can are working from home, so mainframe access I would think is limited).  Relisting the item taken down is probably what jump started the computer bots and they sent a bot platoon to your account on a recon mission ... they found a potential violation and called in a bot airstrike just to be safe ...

The fist time I had an item taken down for an alleged Trademark violation I came here and asked about it, I was told by numerous members to never list it again.  I took their advice and never did (it was an Invicta watch).  The next time it happened was for a Hubley toy cap gun with the orange thing in the end of the barrel ... the item was in compliance with policy but was taken down none the less.  So I figure because I had one violation my account would receive more attention then normal so now I am very careful with what I list.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

The trench art should not have been taken down.

I've had numerous things over the years taken down that were 100% legal here. I too could get nowhere with eBay about the items, once you are targeted, it appears impossible to turn it around.

I still have numerous items here that would sell in a heartbeat and are totally allowed. Like you, I dare not try listing them again, even a couple of years later for fear of being "Hoovered" up into the naughty naughty 'No soup for you!' list 😞

Mistakes happen, here they are considered intentional acts unworthy of review or consideration, and the bulk of your fellow sellers will nail you to the wall and throw knives at you too.

Sorry my friend. Sorry about your trench art too, people love them and they are a part of our history and certainly not dangerous or against moral codes.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

One was a mistake and the other was an item that i had listed many many times before and according to the guide lines as I read them should have been OK. 

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Like I told another person one of the listing I made a mistake and put international shipping on it. The other was and item that I had listed many many times before with no problem and met the guide lines as I read them. 

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Don't bother. Ebay doesn't care about it's customers which are the sellers. They just care about their bottom line. 

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

I guess all their bot saw was 40mm shell casing. 

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@debvor wrote:

One was a mistake and the other was an item that i had listed many many times before and according to the guide lines as I read them should have been OK. 

It is unlikely this is due to two Vero violations.  Did you get other violations?  What did the the violations you received say?  

I respect why you are upset and we are just hear trying to help you.

If you really do want help, Brian has offered to help you.  I don't know why you would turn that down.

I hope you will reconsider and supply more information so that you can get some help for your current situation.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 11 of 11
latest reply