cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A lot of buyers dont leave feedback. Why?

I have 100% good feedbck and i dont always get feedback left after i sell something to a buyer. I leave feedback for every transaction as a seller and as a buyer. I think it's a good policy to do so. How come people dont return feedback after they recieve the item? I would have a much higher score then i do if everyone would leave feedback.  I dont think the reason they left no feedback was because an item was bad cause they would of filed a complaint. So is it bad practice to remind or ask  a buyer to leave feedback if they havent?   Or can that cause me to get negative feedback you think?  or is it just plain tacky?

thanks 

Message 1 of 52
latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

a.  eBay has rendered the feedback system nearly useless.  Feedback for buyers is totally useless, and bad feedback for sellers no longer "counts" against them in performance measurements from eBay, and buyers rarely look at it since eBay is now assuming the "trust" end of things with their MBG.

b.  Recent changes to the feedback system pages make it slower and more difficult to leave feedback, which further discourages buyers from leaving any. 

So is it bad practice to remind or ask  a buyer to leave feedback if they havent?  Yes, it's a bad idea, in any event.

Or can that cause me to get negative feedback you think?  That has happened in the past. 

Generally another positive f/b is useless (if I get another one it doesn't matter one iota), but a negative one is going to drive my f/b% visibly lower.  I'm not inclined to ask any buyer to do anything that will either have no benefit or a negative consequence as the potential outcome. 

The Floggings Will Continue Until Morale Improves.
Message 2 of 52
latest reply

I’m going to assume you are new to the board as feedback is a real no-no word here. I do agree with you that it would be common courtesy for a buyer to leave a positive feedback for being satisfied with their item and for good service received, but more often than not it doesn’t happen.

That being said, no do not ask for feedback, it is bad practice, it can result in a negative, and yes it most probably will be considered tacky. Be satisfied that they did not complain, and move on. 

Good luck with all your future sales!

Message 3 of 52
latest reply

How come people dont return feedback after they recieve the item?

Because the feedback system is awkward, cumbersome, and buyers have absolutely no incentive to leave feedback

So is it bad practice to remind or ask  a buyer to leave feedback if they havent?   Or can that cause me to get negative feedback you think?  or is it just plain tacky?

All of the above. No negative is a positive. Most people avoid conflict; so if they are mildly unhappy they will just let it go unless you insist that they don't. The most glaring example I recall from long ago was a seller who came here to report he got a negative with the comment along the lines of "Okay, here's the feedback you wanted so badly!" Granted it's a small risk, but it is not zero.

Message 4 of 52
latest reply

@dilo-8873 wrote:

I’m going to assume you are new to the board as feedback is a real no-no word here. 

No it isn't..

Feedback feedback feedback feedback, I love the word feedback ..

I always leave feedback feedback feedback feedback for my buyers and sellers.

My trading partners love it when I leave them some feedback feedback feedback feedback.

Not all my buyers and sellers return the feedback feedback feedback feedback though.

But, I don't care about receiving feedback feedback feedback feedback.

Message 5 of 52
latest reply

@*madison wrote:

@dilo-8873 wrote:

I’m going to assume you are new to the board as feedback is a real no-no word here. 

No it isn't..

Feedback feedback feedback feedback, I love the word feedback ..

I always leave feedback feedback feedback feedback for my buyers and sellers.

My trading partners love it when I leave them some feedback feedback feedback feedback.

Not all my buyers and sellers return the feedback feedback feedback feedback though.

But, I don't care about receiving feedback feedback feedback feedback.

Funny, really funny ROFL!

Message 6 of 52
latest reply

@luvmystorm wrote:

I have 100% good feedbck and i dont always get feedback left after i sell something to a buyer. I leave feedback for every transaction as a seller and as a buyer. I think it's a good policy to do so. How come people dont return feedback after they recieve the item? I would have a much higher score then i do if everyone would leave feedback.  I dont think the reason they left no feedback was because an item was bad cause they would of filed a complaint. So is it bad practice to remind or ask  a buyer to leave feedback if they havent?   Or can that cause me to get negative feedback you think?  or is it just plain tacky?

thanks 

I buy and sell here on ebay. For many years now, as a seller, I leave feedback for all my buyers. It`s one of the things I do to show I appreciate their business. I do not expect them to return feedback and I DEFINATLY don`t email them and ask them to. If they do leave it for me I consider it a bonus on top of their business.

As a buyer....I only leave positive feedback for a seller if they leave it for me. It irks me if a seller emails me and asks me for feedback when they haven`t even bothered to leave it for me. My reply to them is usually....leave feedback for your buyers and maybe they will return it.

As pointed out from other posters here, the new feedback page is a slow and a pain to use. Thanks ebay(sarcasim)

"There`s always barber college" - Dalton - Road House
Message 7 of 52
latest reply

Hello Luv,

I'm a feedback junkie just like you. Even after 15+ years i still love getting feedback. 

If it makes you feel any better you are not alone. My customers who leave feedback for me is less than 50%  I've just learned to live with it.  

Have a great weekend!

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 8 of 52
latest reply

Some buyers are like me. They have busy lives and don't leave feedback on a regular basis. I go in once every couple of months or so and leave a zillion. If I have a new seller I may make an effort to do it sooner.

Other than buyer eyeballs, the only important metric (measureable) is number of transactions. Seller performance used to be partially based on feedback but now it's not included at all.

BTW keep doing what you're doing without expectation of reward. IMHO it is the right thing to do to leave feedback to your buyers and yours will eventually come.

Message 9 of 52
latest reply

Its funny there is a lot that just dont care weather you leave one or not.  Best regards

Message 10 of 52
latest reply

😂😂😂

Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 11 of 52
latest reply

hi dear 

i always put a small gift into my orders and always gets good feedback from buyers.

try this one i hope works for you too 🙂

Message 12 of 52
latest reply

I will agree and disagree all at the same time.

Personally, I'd like to build my feedback score to 1,000+ as quickly as possible. But honestly beyond that, I don't care.

However, should you ask for feedback? Absolutely not, because you just might get it!

Message 13 of 52
latest reply

Do buyers leave feedback at Walmart.com?  Target.com? Macys.com?  Any one of a million other retail websites?

No, they don't. Buyers are here to buy stuff. They don't leave feedback on other websites, and most don't leave it here anymore. It's not routine anymore.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 14 of 52
latest reply

I only leave positive feedback for a seller if they leave it for me. It irks me if a seller emails me and asks me for feedback when they haven`t even bothered to leave it for me. My reply to them is usually....leave feedback for your buyers and maybe they will return it.

As a seller I reciprocate feedback.  I want to know first that a buyer is happy.  A buyer just has to purchase and to pay (and that is a huge Just) but the seller has to wrap, package and practically hand deliver so I like to wait until the buyer lets me know they are happy.     I think of it as no news is good news.

Message 15 of 52
latest reply