cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5th Day in a Row?

Is this going to be my 5th day in a row without a GDM sale??  6th day in the last 7?  Sorry - also will not accept lowball offers just because I am desperate. Really??  $103 under my asking?  59% below!  Check sold items!!!   I had better search Google Maps for the nearest soup kitchens.   Good luck in 2022.    🙂

Message 1 of 41
latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

5th Day in a Row?

Not sure what to say.

Christmas was Saturday.  Sunday sales here in B&M were 50% off or more.  This week bombarded with New Year's sales emails - 75% + free shipping.  Every major store.....

There are so many advertising for that same "sale"/dollar.

E-Bay is where you go to find it when you did not find it elsewhere.  It is not a site folks seem to look on "first".

For as long as you have gone w/o sales....I would have given up.  Diversified to other sites, etc. 

(We were on vacay for over 12 days.  Turned our store on yesterday and we have 6 to ship today - correlates zero to your issues, but we are not experiencing your sales funk)

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 2 of 41
latest reply

5th Day in a Row?

Not sure what to say except just because you might idolize sports stuff doesn't mean it is going to sell year round.  From the looks of it people are literally willing to risk their health to be out shopping in person as the year comes to a close.  Sales are way off for a lot of us 'non essential' product sellers the week after a major materialistic random holiday.  

Given some time I bet your vintage items will catch the eye of a potential buyer.  I would suggest lowering your prices to what you will accept and drop the best offer option on so many listings.  When I see best offer on the majority of a seller's listing it makes me think they are fishing rather than selling.

Message 3 of 41
latest reply

5th Day in a Row?

FB & Kijiji have produced 5 sales which has helped quite a bit but the market has been awful on 2 Sundays w/o much traffic.  Hope it continues for you.

Message 4 of 41
latest reply

5th Day in a Row?

I was looking to buy something  on Ebay but upon searching I found out it was about $$ ($50) more than in BBB. If it weren’t for slow sales for me I would buy it here. Unfortunately, Ebay forces sellers to raise prices due to more and more fees they impose. Also sellers are buyers. If they have no money they don’t buy themselves. Very sad.

Message 5 of 41
latest reply

5th Day in a Row?

@sakic92710 

It might be worth self reflecting on the fact that, upon seeing the title of this thread, I literally did not have to see/guess the author.

Honestly, why don’t you put your thinking cap on and try something different? What you’re doing obviously isn’t working so why don’t you experiment a little? You aren’t going to change the result walking on the same path.

Anything.

Pics, prices, merchandise, listing template, category….

Anything.

Message 6 of 41
latest reply

5th Day in a Row?

More and more fees? Where do people get these ideas?

Message 7 of 41
latest reply

5th Day in a Row?

Your items appeal to a highly limited audience. Especially at those prices. B&M and their internet sites are offering huge discounts...and people are paying off XMas.

Message 8 of 41
latest reply

5th Day in a Row?

@sakic92710 

This is what I mean - nothing here, and 5 sales scattered on 2 other sites? 5 sales generated using 3 sites?

That is not a robust business, which I know you are/want to be.

Message 9 of 41
latest reply

5th Day in a Row?

Half the country is freezing and without power.  The other half is basking in the sun outdoors.  Life is not all about shopping.

Message 10 of 41
latest reply

5th Day in a Row?

”…Unfortunately, Ebay forces sellers to raise prices due to more and more fees they impose.”

This hasn’t been my experience here. What are you basing your statement on?

Message 11 of 41
latest reply

5th Day in a Row?

@katzrul15 wrote:

Diversified to other sites, etc. 

+ 1,

Diversify, you own your inventory and if the "Venue" is not producing sales, find somewhere/someone who does.

our charismas sales were non existent here, we have no Air Jordan's or Gucci purses to sell, sorry.

one of our "cheap" products ($9.99-$11.99) sold amazingly elsewhere, here we sold less then 10 units.

we do not use PLA's, PL's kept down to bare 1%, we are paying enough fees to Ebay as it is.

FB marketplace has a very warm place in our heart for the current Holiday Season.

Message 12 of 41
latest reply

5th Day in a Row?

@partfinds wrote:

I was looking to buy something  on Ebay but upon searching I found out it was about $$ ($50) more than in BBB. If it weren’t for slow sales for me I would buy it here. Unfortunately, Ebay forces sellers to raise prices due to more and more fees they impose. Also sellers are buyers. If they have no money they don’t buy themselves. Very sad.

Exactly, when Ebay is forcing small sellers to price their items higher and higher out of buisness, they are pushing them away.

If we are not selling here, we take our shopping elsewhere as well. 

Message 13 of 41
latest reply

5th Day in a Row?

You do know that is just so much nonsense. If you can't sell items profitably here, don't sell them here. That has been the number one rule for as long as I have been here. There is a lot of due diligence needed before selling anything here. Unfortunately, many sellers don't bother and then blame eBay.

Message 14 of 41
latest reply

5th Day in a Row?

@this*old*attic wrote:

@sakic92710 

It might be worth self reflecting on the fact that, upon seeing the title of this thread, I literally did not have to see/guess the author.

likewise - knew who it was just from the title.  I also knew that she tell us that some other venue is producing better sales.  The five year story of “worst week ever, the swap meet is better, and I’ll be out on the streets soon” somehow doesn’t seem genuine.  Or, she just enjoys not doing well.

Message 15 of 41
latest reply