cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

50 of the same item, what does eBay count it as?

I've never sold in bulk, so I'm wondering if I list 50 in stock of a certain item, will eBay count that as 50/50 for the free-monthly limit or will that only count as 1/50?

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

it counts as 50, each "1" in stock, so if you enter 50, it counts as 50. 

I never list anything over 1 quantity, for most part anyways, if it sells I put another up. This tactic I have used to be able to make most use of my allowed free monthly listings i get with my store. Some may say that's too much work, but whatever. 

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 2 of 16
latest reply

A quantity listing will only use one insertion fee. Whether the quantity available is 2 or 100000 it still counts as one listing.

As for your selling limits it will count towards that if there is a limit to how many items you can have for sale, or the dollar cap that is set on your account.
Message 3 of 16
latest reply

@gwzcomps wrote:
A quantity listing will only use one insertion fee. Whether the quantity available is 2 or 100000 it still counts as one listing.

As for your selling limits it will count towards that if there is a limit to how many items you can have for sale, or the dollar cap that is set on your account.

what I meant was, look on seller hub overview, scroll down, you'll see this  "xxx listed and sold / 500 limit on quantity of items" if you list 50 it counts as 50... not sure why it's hard to explain, just one of those things lol

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

This answer conflicts with @nuclearomen 's answer, 🤔. Any of you two have personal experience with this?

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

@stuff_from_dylan wrote:
This answer conflicts with @nuclearomen 's answer, 🤔

he's right, just the way I explained it confused it... i meant what he said, but i included to mention I don't really list over 1 quantity on items, until they sell, then I'll add another... I have multiple reasons, one being I trade with other distributions and labels so say I have 10 of something, put up listing for 10 quantity, then I arrange trade where I need to take 2 of that vinyl for, then I have to go into ebay listings and take that quantity down... it's too much a pain, so I just list one at a time. 

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

It would count as one listing because it is one listing.  If you set up a listing with a quantity of 2, 10, 50, 100, etc.  That is a single listing with a multiple quantity and it counts as one listing.

The there are variation listings in some categories so if you get to wondering about that, you can list several things related to each other in one listing.  And it only counts as one listing.  For example I use this type of listing a lot with my beading supplies.  It could be the same type of bead in several different colors or sizes.  In fashions it is use frequently for like a shirt that comes in several sizes and colors too.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Ah, sweet! Thanks! 🙂
Message 8 of 16
latest reply

@stuff_from_dylan wrote:

This answer conflicts with @nuclearomen 's answer, 🤔. Any of you two have personal experience with this?

The conflict arose because you used an ambiguous phrase: "free monthly limit."

Every seller has listing limits, in terms of the total number of items and dollar value that they can list each month.  For that limit, the 50 items would count as 50.

Every seller who doesn't have a Store subscription gets 50 free basic insertions per month. These count per listing, so a single fixed price listing that offered a "quantity available" of 50 would use just one of your free insertions.

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

Every seller who doesn't have a Store subscription gets 50 free basic insertions per month. These count per listing, so a single fixed price listing that offered a "quantity available" of 50 would use just one of your free insertions.

That's what I was asking -- my seller listing limit is very high. Thanks!

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

Sorry if I caused any confusion. I assumed when you said "50/50 for the free-monthly limit" you were referring to the number of free listing insertion fees you get from eBay per month.

The second half of my comment was referring to any selling limits or restrictions you may have on your account for being a "newer" seller. I have been a seller for a while now so I am not familiar with what those limits look like. My understanding is for people that are new to selling there are limits to the quantity of items you have available for purchase, and a max dollar amount for their value.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/selling-limits?id=4107

Hopefully that clears up any confusion I have created and doesn't add to it 🙂
Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Hi, just to clarify, eBay has a duplicate listing policy. It states that a seller cannot have more than one identical item up as a fixed price listing at a time. Below is a link. 

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-policies/duplicate-listings-policy?id=4255

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

@fashunu4eeuh wrote:

Hi, just to clarify, eBay has a duplicate listing policy. It states that a seller cannot have more than one identical item up as a fixed price listing at a time. Below is a link. 

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-policies/duplicate-listings-policy?id=4255

Yes but I don't think the OP plans on making 50 separate listings.  S/he is allowed to offer multi quantity in one listing.

Joe

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

@tellmemama wrote:

@fashunu4eeuh wrote:

Yes but I don't think the OP plans on making 50 separate listings.  S/he is allowed to offer multi quantity in one listing.

I don't think that is what they meant.  But just as a clarification if one were to choose to try to put up 50 listings for the same item.  

However as we know some sellers are able to do duplicate listings.  If they have a sell through rate high enough Ebay lets them do it.  You can see this clearly in the jewelry categories and how many listings the Asian sellers will have posted for the same item.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 14 of 16
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

@tellmemama wrote:

@fashunu4eeuh wrote:

I don't think that is what they meant.  But just as a clarification if one were to choose to try to put up 50 listings for the same item.  

However as we know some sellers are able to do duplicate listings.  If they have a sell through rate high enough Ebay lets them do it.  You can see this clearly in the jewelry categories and how many listings the Asian sellers will have posted for the same item.

And some sellers list the exact same thing, and sneak around the 'duplicate" restriction by just assigning a # to the listing in the title such as 3654, 3655, 3657, 3658...............................   , or just add/change a word.

I sell some things that are identical except for the color. They do not fall into a "variations" category, so just the word change for the color keeps them from being "flagged", or "hidden from search" as duplicates.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply