cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

18000 listings and a laughable 6 sales today **bleep**

18000 listings (2stores) over 1 million in inventory and a crappy 6 sales ARE YOU KIDDING ME. HEY EBAY WHAT IS GOING ON???????????????????????? Your changes are killing sales. 

Message 1 of 47
latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

10000 listings, 3 sales. I'm seeing a trend.

Message 2 of 47
latest reply

73 listings, 0 sales. Fits the chart!

Message 3 of 47
latest reply

I just tested one of your BIN w/BO and see you have the auto-pay option still turned on.

If you're not aware, Ebay opted all sellers into the auto-pay w/o even letting them know. I would recommend turning off the requirement at the bottom of the page in the link below, but that's up to you. Many buyers are refusing to even bid or make offers because of this.

https://www.ebay.com/bmgt/buyerrequirements

Message 4 of 47
latest reply

How did your 73 listings get on the same chart with somebody who has 18,000 listings?  That must be a misprint.

Message 5 of 47
latest reply

It was a gorgeous day here in New England with sunshine and a sea breeze. I and many other potential buyers were out in the real world. I was at a local Jazz Festival.

Summer is almost gone, and some of us would rather enjoy what's left instead of shopping online.

Message 6 of 47
latest reply

I'm only seeing a little over 8000 listings.
Might that be part of the problem?

And I counted 109 sales since  last Sunday, August 20.

How were your sales in August 2018? 2019? 2022?

(The pandemic surge in online buying during 2020 and 20121 make those years outliers and not too useful.)

We should compare apples to apples not to oranges. Sales in the summer are different than sales in the winter.

Or even sales last week.

You do know we can see not only your listings but also your last 90 days of sales, right?

and see you have the auto-pay option still turned on.

I believe having this option turned on will turn off most potential customers.

Message 7 of 47
latest reply

Because if someone got 6 sales on 18000 and someone got 3 sales on 10000, it makes perfect sense that I got 0 on 73.

Many of the 73 listings have more than quantity 1 available. Back in the days when eBay was actually useful, I rarely had more than 100 listings, but often sold $1000/day.

Message 8 of 47
latest reply

The OP said they have 2(TWO) stores. TWO!!!

Message 9 of 47
latest reply

ebay mandates the auto pay for buyers and turning it off won't matter as some or many buyers can't bid or buy without entering the auto info first...could be some test program where some buyers are opted in and some aren't....

Message 10 of 47
latest reply

@lilyswan2 wrote:

ebay mandates the auto pay for buyers and turning it off won't matter as some or many buyers can't bid or buy without entering the auto info first...could be some test program where some buyers are opted in and some aren't....

Well I guess sellers can now look at the bright side of the new auto-pay policies, no more non-payers. Too bad it's at the cost of losing paying buyers too.

I just found out this week the 2 accounts I use are now being punished with this auto pay policy. I was waiting til the 20th, my cc cut off date, to make a bunch of offers. After attempting a few and seeing this I gave up. I did message one of my regular sellers to send me an offer instead so I could pay normally, which they did. But the rest I will buy the items elsewhere.

Message 11 of 47
latest reply

@lilyswan2  I believe you are mistaken.

Sellers are automatically opted into immediate payments. If a buyer has been put into the program (it is being gradually rolled out to all buyers), then the purchase will be immediate payment. if a buyer has not yet been put into the program, then the purchase will not be immediate payment.

IF the seller opts OUT of immediate payments, then it doesn't matter whether the buyer has been put into the program or not: immediate payment will not be required for that purchase.

For sellers whose business depends on buyers buying multiples , opting out makes sense.

Message 12 of 47
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques   I believe you are the one mistaken.

One of my regular sellers turned it off plus added me to their exemption list and it still required my payment info if I attempt to make an offer. They finally sent me a special offer so I could pay for all my items together with combined shipping.

AMOF, I just tested a B/O item sold by @reallynicestamps , whom I also believe has it turned off, and sure enough my payment offer was required.

Message 13 of 47
latest reply

(2stores) mean i have 2 (TWO) (DOS)  stores. One store has 10000+ and the other has 8000+ it may even be over 19000 items

Message 14 of 47
latest reply

@campanaelia  Thanks. I stand corrected if that is the case. 

Message 15 of 47
latest reply