cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Someone selling my item somewhere else & wanting it sent as gift

I just caught someone selling an item on Facebook Marketplace for $32 that I have listed on Ebay for $12 using my own pictures & exact wording.  When they got a customer from Marketplace, they would purchase the item from me on Ebay & ask me to send it to their customer as a "gift" with no receipt in the box.  Of course, they didn't tell me they were selling it & I just thought they were buying it as a gift.  They were profiting $20 per item.  When I saw the ad on Marketplace, I confronted them & insisted they take it down & thankfully, they did.  I get a lot of requests for "gifts" & I have suspected someone was doing this for a while, but I couldn't prove it until I finally saw the ad.  How do I prevent this from happening again? I don't want to say that I won't send gifts anymore, because someone might actually be telling the truth & want a gift.  I've seen other sellers say they won't send to different addresses anymore, so I am assuming this is happening to others too.

View Entire Topic

Why would you want to stop it?   You got a sale at your asking price, no?   It sounds like you begrudge the other seller his $20 profit and yet you profited too although at a lower amount.

Perhaps you could raise your prices just a wee bit?