cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

seller hub reports for trading card ungraded values

I use seller hub reports and csv templates to upload new listings. I am having problems understanding the new template requirements for trading cards # 261328 with the new ungraded trading card values for condition  

What column headings are required for this?

and what are the acceptable values for each column? 

thanks for your help.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@lloydsteventaylor 

For the 261328 trading card category, the column for "Condition ID" would be populated with the number 4000 if "Ungraded" or with 2750 if "Graded".  However, the XLSX spreadsheet rejects any value in this field.  So I think you can just skip the "Condition ID" field and go straight to the "CD:" columns on the spreadsheet.

The "CD:" (condition descriptor) columns:

For "Ungraded", the column that is headed "CD:Card Condition - (ID: 40001)" will have a number that is your own version of the card's ungraded condition (notice how the base 4000 is expanded):

400011     - Near Mint or Better

400012    - Excellent

400013    - Very Good

400014    - Poor

If the card is Graded, then the 3 columns headed "CD:Professional Grader - (ID: 27501)", "CD:Grade - (ID: 27502)", and "CDA:Certification Number - (ID: 27503)" should be given eBay codes associated with the grader and grade (notice how the base 2750 is expanded).  Please refer to this page for "professional-grader" codes and "grade" codes (both numerical), and then enter the actual certificate number assigned by the grader.

https://developer.ebay.com/devzone/merchant-products/mipng/user-guide-en/content/condition-descripto...

Caveat: I've not yet listed a card this way, so try just a single item first. There may be more details to work out.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

@lloydsteventaylor 

For the 261328 trading card category, the column for "Condition ID" would be populated with the number 4000 if "Ungraded" or with 2750 if "Graded".  However, the XLSX spreadsheet rejects any value in this field.  So I think you can just skip the "Condition ID" field and go straight to the "CD:" columns on the spreadsheet.

The "CD:" (condition descriptor) columns:

For "Ungraded", the column that is headed "CD:Card Condition - (ID: 40001)" will have a number that is your own version of the card's ungraded condition (notice how the base 4000 is expanded):

400011     - Near Mint or Better

400012    - Excellent

400013    - Very Good

400014    - Poor

If the card is Graded, then the 3 columns headed "CD:Professional Grader - (ID: 27501)", "CD:Grade - (ID: 27502)", and "CDA:Certification Number - (ID: 27503)" should be given eBay codes associated with the grader and grade (notice how the base 2750 is expanded).  Please refer to this page for "professional-grader" codes and "grade" codes (both numerical), and then enter the actual certificate number assigned by the grader.

https://developer.ebay.com/devzone/merchant-products/mipng/user-guide-en/content/condition-descripto...

Caveat: I've not yet listed a card this way, so try just a single item first. There may be more details to work out.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

thank you very much! that worked perfectly.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

I have searched for answers to the Seller Hub template for days. This solution looked promising. Unfortunately, after entering "400011" in the CD:Card Condition - (ID: 40001) field, I'm getting:

"Condition descriptor 40001 is not valid for condition INVALID_CONDITION."

You might say, well you're entering 40001. But I'm not. I've tried 400010, 400011, etc. There doesn't seem to be a connection between entering any number and success.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

@card-and-coin 

What do you have in the Condition ID field?

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

@card-and-coin 

In early September, I downloaded a newer Seller Hub template for trading cards. The XLSX template contains macros for populating cells from droplists. This features does't work on my system, so I had to unhide the hidden sheets to see the data recommendations.

It appears that the condition fields need a full name (not just the ID number) in the data cells

Condition ID
2750-Graded
4000-Ungraded

CD:Professional Grader - (ID: 27501)CD:Grade - (ID: 27502)CDA:Certification Number - (ID: 27503)CD:Card Condition - (ID: 40001)
Beckett Grading Services (BGS) - (ID: 275013)8 - (ID: 275024)1234567 
   Excellent - (ID: 400011)

I populated the spreadsheet to list two items with various features that sellers seem to need for trading cards, although I did not include the scheduled listing option that would allow a seller to come back and manually add photos prior to launching the listing:

ScheduleTime
2023-10-18T16:30:00.000Z
2023-10-19T16:30:00.000Z

Here is a link to that populated and color coded sample template:

https://shipscript.com/ebayhelp/file_exchange/eBay-category-listing-sport-trading-cards_example_8SEP...

I used that template to create these two listings (using dummy photo URLs).

https://www.ebay.com/itm/225764854916

https://www.ebay.com/itm/225764854917

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

I had 2750 and about any other number that might possible go there. But it appears based on your post that I'm required to add 2750-Graded. HTF are we supposed to know this stuff? 

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

@card-and-coin 

When the spreadsheet droplists don't function, the hidden work sheets can be exposed to find the reference data.  It took me quite some time to realize there were hidden sheets that my spreadsheet was unable to access. I stumbled upon the hidden sheets when trying hide/unhide some columns for screenshots.

In the top menu bar of Excel, select Format > Hide & Unhide > Unhide sheet

Or, from the sheet name at the bottom of the spreadsheet, open the right-click-menu and select Unhide to see the names of the hidden sheets.

Seller Hub - XLSX for trading cardsSeller Hub - XLSX for trading cards

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

You can no longer list any cards that are not new or mint.  Very good according to Ebay's new definition is "Heavily Damaged.' Excellent definition  equals "Damaged Card."  

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

@maryinlikely 

eBay allows a range of card conditions:

Near Mint or Better, Excellent, Very Good, or Poor.

https://www.ebay.com/sellercenter/selling/selling-trading-cards 

The definition of these four conditions will change just a tad between sport card singles and card game singles.

If using the spreadsheet numbering system for condition descriptor, the numbers differ between the two card types, and that difference may lead some to think the lesser conditions are not available:

Sports cards: 

Near Mint or Better = 400010

Excellent = 400011

Very Good = 400012

Poor = 400013

Game cards:

Near Mint or Better = 400010

Excellent = 400015

Very Good = 400016

Poor = 400017

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

That is not what Ebay sent me.  Their new condition for cards lists Very Good as heavily damaged. Excellent has chipped corners. You might check the definitions and not the numbers.  Personally, I would toss any card other than something rare that had chipped cornes. I put those in the trash. 

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

@maryinlikely   

I apologize, but I'm not sure I understand what you are stating with "you can no longer list any cards that are not new or mint."

eBay published their range of definitions here: 

If eBay has sent you a definition that does not match their published definitions, then something is wrong with their communications. 

Or are you saying that eBay definitions do not match your personal definitions? Perhaps that is the message I'm not understanding.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

I am saying that no one who understands English  definitions for the words Very Good and Excellent can understand the New definitions that Ebay is now using.  

CornersMinor chippingModerate corner wear with multiple dinged cornersRounding on all four cornersMajor rounding with one or more corners missing
EdgesMinor chippingSlightly rough edges with moderate chipping and/or light indentationsModerate-to-heavy chipping and/or indentationsMajor chipping and indentation with paper loss
DiscolorationNoneMinor (e.g. wax stains on the reverse)Moderate to majorMajor discoloration over a large area
Surface IndentationsNoneModerateModerate to majorMajor
CreasesNoneMinor surface wrinklesModerate with multiple creases allowedMultiple major creases
Scratches/ScuffingMinorModerateModerate to major, some slight paper lossMajor scratches/scuffing with paper loss, tears, and pinholes
StainingNoneMinorModerate to majorMajor
Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Here is link for Ebay's page. Scroll down to Know Your Card's Condition.  My definition of very good and excellent does not include corner chipping, creasing, and stains, but the Buyer will see Ebay's list of conditions, and will not buy a very good or excellent condition card as  Ebay states they will receive a card with severe damage. 

Message 14 of 14
latest reply