cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay needs to develop clear rules for buying and selling the vague idea of buying Culture must end.

Sellers are faced with abuse because eBay supports buyer abuse. Buyer can ask anything they like using messaging. Sellers can block all messaging at least high volume sellers but that just isn’t the answer to why buyer abuse exists. It should be made clear that sellers do not permit offers and that sellers do not permit combined shipping.

sellers need boxes to check off that clearly show what is and what is not permitted on their listings.

As a buyer I need as much clear information as possible. 
as a seller I need as few questions as possible,

eBay as to what I hear as a seller from buyers is a Culture of making demands that lower prices. 
nowhere else on the internet is the idea of negotiation a culture. 

as a seller I want no part of negotiation and this should be made clear to buyers.

The idea that a buyer can ask a seller questions that are clearly aimed at lowering a price either by changing the price asking for favoritism in terms of packing a certain way or combining items and asking for a lower price. The problem with what buyers are calling “eBay culture” stem from their ability to have free rein of asking for something not in a listing. 

my proposal here is that sellers should be given a no negotiation box to check off and that would make it clear that it is unacceptable to ask for anything not in the listing in terms of packing combining or price. 

it is time consuming to respond to the “eBay culture”. 

if I do not respond I leave myself open to buyer abuse  buyers buy the item or items anyway then give Negative feedback stating the seller did not respond to my question or the seller would not give me a discount.

if I do respond and advise that “all buyers get the same price and I do not negotiate pricing thank you for your interest” I get a negative feedback for “The tone” of my response. 

I am tired of the whole concept of eBay being a flea market and not an online marketplace

yes I can sell elsewhere and after 23 years I have started selling elsewhere and contacting my many customers by mail and explaining why I am moving away from eBay has been a tough situation.

i do not think eBay should have a culture of buyers bullying sellers making demands and belittling sellers for their “policy” This has become a major factor in my moving away from 2000 listings to just under 100 listings.

i started auctioning off my eBay inventory outside of eBay in 2023 I have slowly  miniaturized my eBay store which I fully intend to move out from by 2025 ( I pay yearly for my store)

it is a shame for my having to make these decisions but the future of eBay is clear. Policy works against great sellers and great sellers are moving away from eBay. It isn’t a great place to do business.

a flawed Feedback system, abuse from buyers and a robotic system one must go through just to get answers to important issues is a goid enough reason to look elsewhere. 

Why? My question as a seller is Why eBay permits buyers to ask for something clearly not in the listing.? 

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0