cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bad sellers and bad customer service

It is impossible to call customer service and the stated selections are too narrow for all problems without a way to select "other". The numbers that are published are all non-working. Ebay says to look for other help on the bottom of pages and there's nothing there. I bought an item from, ORDER NUMBER 15-06169-17216, SOLD BYmizzlesworld , that was not the item described. It was candy and my kids grabbed it so I wasn't asking for a return but I messaged seller that they sent the wrong item. They asked for a photo and after I sent the photo which showed it was wrong they never answered me. I have hunted everywhere to flag a BAD seller or contact ebay about seller. I have officially given up. My daughter says STOP BUYING ON EBAY and she is right. If you have a problem you are stuck.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

@derhsiri wrote:

It is impossible to call customer service and the stated selections are too narrow for all problems without a way to select "other". The numbers that are published are all non-working. Ebay says to look for other help on the bottom of pages and there's nothing there. I bought an item from, ORDER NUMBER 15-06169-17216, SOLD BYmizzlesworld , that was not the item described. It was candy and my kids grabbed it so I wasn't asking for a return but I messaged seller that they sent the wrong item. They asked for a photo and after I sent the photo which showed it was wrong they never answered me. I have hunted everywhere to flag a BAD seller or contact ebay about seller. I have officially given up. My daughter says STOP BUYING ON EBAY and she is right. If you have a problem you are stuck.

I'm sorry but you are incorrect. This platform offers a MBG to all buyers and is a great place to shop. You have a responsibility as a buyer yourself. You need to read the TOS on this platform and follow the policies. You have obligati8ons as a buyer just like sellers have obligations as well. It works both ways. If you were sent the wrong item it's very simple. You send back the wrong item, at seller's expense, and they send you the correct item, problem solved. It's happened to me twice over the years. 

I can only go by the minimal info you have written here.  It sounds like you are saying your kids ate, or did away, with the incorrect product so I'm confused with what exactly you expected the seller to provide you with.  If you ate the wrong item, are you now expecting another item for free? 

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Supplement for the op

What I am getting :

The evidence (item purchased) was eaten & so cannot be returned for a full refund.

As a parent the op had a responsibility to safeguard & preserve the evidence from consumption, & utilize ebay's money back guarantee.

EBay did not cause the op to be stuck with the problem & apparently the kids did enjoy the candy that was received.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

"was not the item described. It was candy and my kids grabbed it so I wasn't asking for a return ... My daughter says STOP BUYING ON EBAY and she is right. If you have a problem you are stuck."

Is that the same daughter who ate the candy? If so, she is the problem.  eBay has a reasonable buyer protection policy: If the seller sends the wrong item, you can get a refund if you return it. The seller even has to pay for the return shipping. But that's not possible if you ate it already.

When you sent the photo, what did you expect the seller to do?  If you did reach customer support on the phone, what would you expect them to do about this situation where you received the wrong item but your family ate it??

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Your purchase history has a droplist beside every purchase that provides options, including solving problems.

Additionally, at the bottom of every page is the Resolution Center for solving problems.

https://resolutioncenter.ebay.com/

Your problem is "I received an item that does not match the seller's description". The buyer would then send a label so that you can send back the item for a full refund.

But it sounds like you may no longer have the item and may not be able to follow that process.

You may phone customer service if you wish. The help menus have many options, and if none match, you can choose one that is related to your issue. Even if it is not exact, you can still use the phone or chat options at the bottom of that page.

However, customer service will tell you to open a "not as described" return request, and there again is that dilemma. If what you received was significantly lower in value than what you ordered, you can ask if the seller will provide a partial refund for the difference, rather than paying for a return. Since there was an error on the part of both the buyer and the seller, perhaps you can work it out.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

The MBG means you're never stuck dealing with a bad seller for a purchase that's not as described, if that's the case.  I'm a little confused with your issue, the kids ate the candy, but it wasn't the candy you ordered?    

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I wanted them to say " I'm sorry" . I wanted them to acknowledge it was the wrong product and be more careful in the future. Another whole free box? No. I buy them all the time so 10% off next purchase? Sure but not required.  Mainly I don't appreciate them ignoring it after I sent the pic they asked for. They didn't have to replace anything so why not reply and at least say sorry? You are focusing on the product but you are not going to convince me it's easy to find a way to contact ebay except by a return to just report something else or that the phones work. It's lousy.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

I can see that telling the event that prompted me to want customer service has overshadowed my real problem in that customer service only works for a refund or a return and I wasn't asking for either. I was frustrated because the numbers don't work and there is no way to contact for "other" issues you want to talk about. I tried to let seller know they sent the wrong item so they would be more careful or look at who is filling orders. They ignored me. I don't think that is good business.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Why did they ask me to send a photo?

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Thats right but the real issue to me is that you can't get to ebay with a phone call and unless you want a return or a refund then nothing fits the menu. All the stuff they say is at the bottom of the page isn't there. Customer service is lousy.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

The way to report a bad seller on eBay is to leave them negative or neutral feedback. This warns other buyers to stay away from this seller. Yet you left them positive feedback with a total unrelated comment.

You wrote: You need to communicate with your shipper. This box was left at an old gate in t

Do you really think that the seller has control over how a shipper delivers a package?