cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to Update Custom Label SKU field on a CSV Upload. Error file says "Warning"

As in title, we downloaded our listings and simply wanted to add a SKU into the Custom Lable SKU field. We did, saved as CSV and uploaded.

Error file simple says "warning" and nothing changed in my manage listings page. 

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Trying to Update Custom Label SKU field on a CSV Upload. Error file says "Warning"

@puddlerjumperz  

A warning is not usually a failure. However, I see only one active listing and that your current listing is a variation listing.  Are you updating the SKUs in the individual variations? If so, make sure that each SKU is unique, and that, if a SKU is in the master record, it does not match any SKU in a variation.

To make that revision with a spreadsheet, I recommend downloading a template to "revise price and quantity" from Seller Hub > Reports > Uploads.

Be sure to change the Item Number from scientific notation to a number with zero decimal places before saving the file.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

@puddlerjumperz  

A warning is not usually a failure. However, I see only one active listing and that your current listing is a variation listing.  Are you updating the SKUs in the individual variations? If so, make sure that each SKU is unique, and that, if a SKU is in the master record, it does not match any SKU in a variation.

To make that revision with a spreadsheet, I recommend downloading a template to "revise price and quantity" from Seller Hub > Reports > Uploads.

Be sure to change the Item Number from scientific notation to a number with zero decimal places before saving the file.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 2 of 2
latest reply