cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Titles disappearing from downloaded ready to ship spreadsheets

Hello

Over the past couple months I’ve had an issue of titles disappearing when I download the spreadsheet from the “paid and awaiting shipment” screen. 

The titles are still appearing on the webpage, but they disappear once they are download on a sheet. 

It’s not all the titles, just some. I can’t figure out the rhyme or reason for it.

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

I don't use that functionality, but just played with it (don't have any "Paid&Awaiting", but used "all" as I assume it works the same way)

Have you tried opening the downloaded CSV in Notepad or some other text editor to check?

That's to check if loading up the downloaded CSV report in Excel or some other spreadsheet program is producing the appearance of missing titles due to something about some of the title fields causing them to not display properly. (what that something would be I have no idea. Too long, odd character(s), etc?)
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

@djsportscardsco

Are the missing fields the item titles or the headers across the top of the spreadsheet? If item titles, do you have some representative item numbers that are missing their titles? Or, did you want to share your spreadsheet in a private message?

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I tried opening up the sheet in another program and it was similar to the issue in excel. 

It is not the colum headings but the titles of the listings.  We do a lot of multi variation listings and the weird part is that if we sell 10 things from one listing, three titles will show up and the other seven will not.  

I can share the spreadsheet without the customer info once I start to pull orders today. 

Thanks for the responses so far. 

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@djsportscardsco

Is the missing-title issue only in the multivariation sales?

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I only have a handful of items that aren't in MV listings so I can' t confirm that it is only MV.  Here is the most recent spreadsheet screenshot.

What is really strange is that it's different items everyday.  Yesterday one set wasn't appearing and today it was.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@djsportscardsco

It certainly looks like the problem originates with the creation of the spreadsheet by eBay. There is probably nothing we can do to help with that problem, but if you can track down any correlations, it might help eBay resolve the issue.

• When you look at the CSV file in a plain text viewer (like notepad), is the data also missing there?
  • Is this spreadsheed from File Exchange or Selling Manager Pro?
  • All different buyers, or some purchases from same buyer?
  • Is the length of the variation name a factor?
  • Is that block of sales all from the same day?
  • If not, any correlation between days?
  • Any items crossing a universal time zone? (7 hours between Colorado and GMT)

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@shipscript

• When you look at the CSV file in a plain text viewer (like notepad), is the data also missing there? Yep, same data is missing on both formats CSV and notepad.
  • Is this spreadsheed from File Exchange or Selling Manager Pro? - Seller Hub
  • All different buyers, or some purchases from same buyer? Random.  So buyers are completly gone.  Others are missing some items, while others are 100% visible.
  • Is the length of the variation name a factor? No.
  • Is that block of sales all from the same day? Last 24 hours.
  • If not, any correlation between days? Not that I can see.
  • Any items crossing a universal time zone? (7 hours between Colorado and GMT) not that I can see as if you look at the image, the one with the missing line is from the same order going to Washington state.
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@djsportscardsco

I don't have any pending sales, so the only thing I could test in Seller Hub was a sold item.  The download button told me the tool was unavailable at this time and it sent me to File Exchange instead. That could mean the whole download business might still be in development. Do you think you are in a beta trial? Is there a "tell us what you think" link somewhere on that page?

As for the missing sold item being one of several to the same buyer, is there any correlation there?

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Maybe it is based on your store level. I have two stores (one for sports cards and one for comics) and on the comic store I see the same message you’re seeing where it tells me that I can’t download it. That store is the basic store. 

The sports card store has seller hub associated with it and I can download. Once again this only started happening a few months ago. Was never an issue until August of this year. 

Message 10 of 10
latest reply