cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offers from sellers items that I'm not watching. Only viewed their page.

I have received several different offers from buyers where I have only viewed their item and I am not watching the item. I am a seller and research items that I am listing for sale. I've always done this and have NEVER received offers on items that I have viewed and not watched. To me this is harassment. If I am getting offers then it's very likely that others are receiving offers from me after only viewing my items. This makes me out to be harassing if this is so. I do not like this and feel as though Ebay is stalking me. This feature needs to be looked into. It makes me not want to purchase from a seller if I just view a page and not watch it and get an offer. I think this will hurt Ebay in the long run. Not happy!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

It has been this way for quite some time now. I get them all the time when I am doing research. Best get used to it because it really isn't anything to fret about.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Are you 100 % certain no one ever made a purchase as such this way to you?

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@stormyskies319 wrote:

I have received several different offers from buyers where I have only viewed their item and I am not watching the item. I am a seller and research items that I am listing for sale. I've always done this and have NEVER received offers on items that I have viewed and not watched. To me this is harassment. If I am getting offers then it's very likely that others are receiving offers from me after only viewing my items. This makes me out to be harassing if this is so. I do not like this and feel as though Ebay is stalking me. This feature needs to be looked into. It makes me not want to purchase from a seller if I just view a page and not watch it and get an offer. I think this will hurt Ebay in the long run. Not happy!

Sellers initiate offers to watchers and interested users so nobody is receiving offers for your items if you aren't sending them.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Sign "out" of eBay and view away at other listings. We use two eBay accounts on the same computer and eBay doesn't send out offers to both of our accounts, when viewing listings and both accounts are signed off.

Cookies 101 = eBay can't send an offer if it doesn't know who viewed the listing.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply