cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Markdown Promotion Not Showing On Any Of My Listings. They Show On Competitors Though?

I bought a eBay store subscription so I could do markdown promotions for my listings.

I have the promotion active on the listing I want to run the promotion on but it won't show up on the top of the page or the bottom of the page. 

I have tried calling eBay multiple times in the past 2 days and have spoken to multiple represenitives that haven't done anyhting but  put me  on wait or tell me they will call me back the next day with a solution. 

It's been days and still nothing from them.

The promotion works because someone bought the item at the discounted price I have listed, however they only know of the promotion because I have the information in my listing description and also my listing default picture.

I NEED THE PROMOTION TO SHOW UP ABOVE MY DEFAULT PHOTO AND AT THE BOTTOM OF THE  LISTING JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSES DOES.

Why does it work for everyone else running promotions, but on my listing it doesn't show up? This is rediculous and the help from eBay customer support has been terrible. Selling on this platform is frusterating to say the least.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Markdown Promotion Not Showing On Any Of My Listings. They Show On Competitors Though?

Just got off the phone with an awesome representative that actually found the answer for me.

Thank you Charlotte from eBay support.

For anyone wondering there is nothing you can do to get this to show up on your listing. eBay chooses the placements of where to show your promotion based on the quality of your picture and the layout of your listing.

The algorithm chooses for you. Mystery solved.

You are welcome!
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@quantumfzxx

The CS rep did not tell you the whole story. eBay determines what is a good promotion and what is not.

Good promos get top billing.

Tweek your promo. Add more items. This can get you the top bidding.

Best not to start a promo with a lot of items. Best to start with a few then add more.

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 3 of 3
latest reply