cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there still an option to ask Ebay to step in?

A buyer has reached out past 30 days of delivery saying the item wasn't delivered. The tracking shows the item as delivered. The buyer is saying the ship to address was changed by the Ebay system so it was shipped to the incorrect address. It was shipped to and delivered to the address in the system.  He won't stop messaging me. How can I get Ebay to step? It will be closed in my favor as the item was shipped to and delivered to the address in the Ebay ship to field. There is supposed to be a choice to have Ebay step in, but I don't see it.  Thanks.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

@virgolicious30 wrote:

A buyer has reached out past 30 days of delivery saying the item wasn't delivered. The tracking shows the item as delivered. The buyer is saying the ship to address was changed by the Ebay system so it was shipped to the incorrect address. It was shipped to and delivered to the address in the system.  He won't stop messaging me. How can I get Ebay to step? It will be closed in my favor as the item was shipped to and delivered to the address in the Ebay ship to field. There is supposed to be a choice to have Ebay step in, but I don't see it.  Thanks.

Be sure to upload the tracking into the case. Your buyer is lying, eBay doesn’t change shipping addresses.  There’s no need to have eBay step in. Just upload the tracking into the case. You will win as long as you shipped to the address attached to the order. 
Ignore any further message from the buyer and put them in your BBL. They sound like a nut job. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Is the buyer only messaging so far? If so, ask the buyer to open an Item Not Received claim. Once opened, you can load the 'Delivered' tracking number into the case and it'll close in your favor. You won't see a choice to have eBay step in until there's a case... so you're not missing it. Good luck.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Do what the others stated. If the buyer continues to annoy you, let them know that you will be contacting Ebay.   In the email, let them know too that sellers are NEVER responsible if an item is marked delivered and then it's stolen by a neighbor or gets lost in the wind.   Then report them if they continue.   Make sure that you block them . You do not want them to re-buy. Either they are scammers or their neighbors are thieves.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Yes, they opened a case saying the items wasn't delivered.  I have already updated the tracking which says the item is delivered. I told them that there's nothing more I can do because I shipped to the address Ebay provided to me, and that the item is showing it's been delivered.  They aren't harassing me but they just keep messaging me things like, I've never had this happen, or Ebay must have changed the address, etc. I just want the case to close so I don't have to keep responding with the same thing. Can I just ignore any future messages, and Ebay will automatically close the case? How long will that take? It's already been over a 10 days now since the case was opened and I uploaded the tracking details. Thanks!

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Try this link to escalate the case:

https://www.ebay.com/sh/resolutions

Then it should automatically close in probably a 1/2 hour

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I run into this often and the buyers are not truthful or they do not know where they live, or they moved and failed to change the address. At any rate once the postal services has declared it delivered it is done an no recourse thru ebay, as long as you shipped to the address that the buyer gave ebay who in turn ebay gave you. While the postal service may have delivered it to the wrong place it is now up to the buyer to contact his delivering branch and have them find the package, as what many do NOT know is that when scanned it is also GPS'd and the postal service knows exactly where it was delivered and if misdelivered the Postmaster can direct the carrier to go get it and deliver it to the proper address. Now if the buyer continues to be a problem you can contact ebay and they consider this harassment and the buyer can be booted if he keeps up, it is also SUPPOSED to work when putting that buyer on the block buyers list that they cannot contact you anymore, but that is another issue that DOES NOT WORK allowing the buyer to continue the harassment...

Message 7 of 7
latest reply