cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 37 on ebay book template Upload file

I'm using the book upload template and got the Error 37 message. I added the WeightMajor, WeightMinor, WeightUnit, PackageDepth, PackageLength and PackageWidth columns to the spreadsheet with the appropriate errors. I'm still getting the same Error 37, advice? Is there someone I can send the spreadsheet to? Is there a certain way to add the columns? Thank you! I'm pretty new.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

@lo_920890 wrote:

I'm using the book upload template and got the Error 37 message. I added the WeightMajor, WeightMinor, WeightUnit, PackageDepth, PackageLength and PackageWidth columns to the spreadsheet with the appropriate errors. I'm still getting the same Error 37, advice? Is there someone I can send the spreadsheet to? Is there a certain way to add the columns? Thank you! I'm pretty new.

Hi @lo_920890 ,

Sellers who are opted into Business Policies should use the following columns:

Shipping profile name
Return profile name
Payment profile name

If you're opted into Business Policies, you should not use the old legacy fields for payment, shipping, and return information, including:

Immediate pay required
Shipping service 1 option
Shipping service 1 cost
Max dispatch time
Returns accepted option
Returns within option
etc.

Those fields are just for sellers who are not opted into Business Policies. You should leave those fields blank (or just delete the columns from your file).

Note that package type, weight, dimensions, and postal code are not part of your shipping policy. If you need to include any of those pieces of information, you would need to include the fields in your file:

PackageType (Letter, LargeEnvelope, PackageThickEnvelope, USPSLargePack)
WeightUnit (lb)
WeightMajor (number of pounds)
WeightMinor (number of ounces)
PackageWidth (whole number)
PackageLength (whole number)
PackageDepth (whole number)
PostalCode

I hope that helps.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Thank you! I did all that - used the shipping policies and added

PackageType (Letter, LargeEnvelope, PackageThickEnvelope, USPSLargePack)
WeightUnit (lb)
WeightMajor (number of pounds)
WeightMinor (number of ounces)
PackageWidth (whole number)
PackageLength (whole number)
PackageDepth (whole number)
PostalCode

I'm still getting an Error 37 after adding those.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@lo_920890 

What is the full error message? If there are more than one error, the text of Error 37 can change as each new one is encountered.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Here it is, but the error message didn't change when I added the fields.

Thank you!

Error 37 -  Input data for tag <Item.Shipping.Details>is invalid or missing. Please check API documentation [Item.Shipping.Details]

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Thank you!

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@lo_920890 

Did you get your upload to work?

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

I got past the Error 37, but am now getting an error that says, "1.||Error - The package weight is not valid or is missing. Provide a valid number for the weight.|" --- and I DO have a number in all the package details. Any ideas? Thank you!

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@lo_920890 

What values do you have for

WeightMajor

WeightMinor

Make sure that the cell ahead of the weight does not contain a line break.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

hello, I have the same error can you help me to solve it

Message 10 of 10
latest reply