cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 10009 and Error 37 Need solutions after googling and searching for hours

Error 10009 for line 2:

Error - No <Item.ListingDuration> exists or <Item.ListingDuration> is specified as an empty tag in the request.|Item.ListingDuration|

AND

Error 37 for the next 7 lines:

Error - Input data for tag <Item.ShippingDetails> is invalid or missing. Please check API documentation.|Item.ShippingDetails|

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Because you have Business Policies, we'll work from that.

Below is a spreadsheet I rearranged and colorized for Sports Cards. At the very end are the three yellow fields for Business Policies. You would use those three fields. 

- ShippingProfileName
- ReturnProfileName
- PaymentProfileName

Ahead of those Profile names, I have green, orange, and pink fields for Returns/Shipping/Payment that are populated when a seller is NOT enrolled in Business policies.  Do NOT complete any of those fields because you are using Business Policies.

Stuck between those colored groups are two white fields for shipping discounts that are not populated in Policies, so you can add those profile names/numbers to the white fields if you are using discounts.  https://www.ebay.com/ship/prf

Not included in your template are the weight and dimension columns for calculated shipping.

Because your selected Shipping policy requires calculated shipping, we'll add the missing fields to the template.  Here is a sample. We'll assume you have a lightweight padded envelope (the dimensions are not really required for first class package, but I've added them as an example):

The forum is wordwrapping the values, but they won't be wrapped in your spreadsheet.

ShippingProfile
Name
WeightMajorWeightMinorWeightUnitPackageLengthPackageWidthPackageHeight
Calculated First Class Mail012lb1071

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 10 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

@huntfor 

The listing duration for fixed price listings should be GTC

For auctions, the value is a number (1, 3, 5, 7, or 10), although there are limitations. Typically, the number 7 is entered.

The fact that you are getting errors there may mean that there is a column shift, often due to a hidden character like a carriage return (new line).

Are you using business policies? If so, make sure a valid shipping policy name has been added. If not using policies, there may be a missing shipping field.  We would have to see that portion of your template.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

@shipscript I entered GTC.  I tried using my business policies and it was rejected so then I decided to just try using flat for flat shipping so that I would adjust it after I listed them and had to revise the listings. It’s only eight items. 

I think I tried about 14 times and it keeps getting rejected. 

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Make sure that the GTC doesn't have any stray characters before or after (spaces or line breaks). Delete the entire cell contents and go again. Check that the cells ahead as well.

Are the next 7 lines separate listings, or are they variations?

If you are signed up for business policies, then you are required to use them in File Exchange. 

https://www.bizpolicy.ebay.com/businesspolicy/manage

There are three that must be populated:

- ShippingProfileName
- ReturnProfileName
- PaymentProfileName

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

If you have opted out of business policies, then selecting "Flat" shipping is insufficient.

There are other fields that must be populated for shipping, these are the minimum:

- ShippingType     ==>> Flat
- ShippingService-1:Option     ==>> USPSPriority or USPSFirstClass
- ShippingService-1:Cost     ==>> 0

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

I use business policies and I filled in all three of those fields. GTC doesn’t have any stray characters. I don’t want to offer free shipping. I want it to be first class mail calculated. I have the shipping policy set up for it but it rejected it. That’s why I tried other things. Thank you. 

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

For calculated shipping, you will need weight and dimensions, even when you are using shipping policies.

I believe you can skip this field if you have a policy in place

*ShippingType =>> Calculated

But these will be required:

- WeightMajor => pounds as a whole number
- WeightMinor => ounces as a whole number
- WeightUnit => lb

as whole inches:

- PackageLength
- PackageType
- PackageWidth

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Sometimes it is hard to understand what is required and what is not. I find it helpful to look at the manual listing process to see how the fields are grouped. For instance, even with business policies, where individual shipping methods are no longer available on the listing form, the listing form still has the ability to set the dimensions and weight because those are not included in the policy. 

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

@shipscript I'm getting more and more entangled with the shipping. I attached screenshots of what I tried and what the errors are again. My shipping policy. Is this correct or do I remove the spaces? I don't have a weight column in this item specifics template I downloaded. (jewelry).my-fcm-shipping-policy-rules.jpg

==================

csv entries for shipping:

calculated-fcm-shipping-policy.jpg

Latest error report:

error-code-10009-error-37.jpg

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Because you have Business Policies, we'll work from that.

Below is a spreadsheet I rearranged and colorized for Sports Cards. At the very end are the three yellow fields for Business Policies. You would use those three fields. 

- ShippingProfileName
- ReturnProfileName
- PaymentProfileName

Ahead of those Profile names, I have green, orange, and pink fields for Returns/Shipping/Payment that are populated when a seller is NOT enrolled in Business policies.  Do NOT complete any of those fields because you are using Business Policies.

Stuck between those colored groups are two white fields for shipping discounts that are not populated in Policies, so you can add those profile names/numbers to the white fields if you are using discounts.  https://www.ebay.com/ship/prf

Not included in your template are the weight and dimension columns for calculated shipping.

Because your selected Shipping policy requires calculated shipping, we'll add the missing fields to the template.  Here is a sample. We'll assume you have a lightweight padded envelope (the dimensions are not really required for first class package, but I've added them as an example):

The forum is wordwrapping the values, but they won't be wrapped in your spreadsheet.

ShippingProfile
Name
WeightMajorWeightMinorWeightUnitPackageLengthPackageWidthPackageHeight
Calculated First Class Mail012lb1071

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

@shipscript Thank you. I’m going to add those extra columns and also I’m going to update my CSV when I get back on my desktop. You’re so helpful. I really appreciate it. Kudos!

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

I've made a lot of progress! Thank you, @shipscript 

Two warnings I'd like to fix. Can  you please advise me about them?

1.  Warning - Invalid store category ID, 34397426010, since it is non-leaf.  So item has been listed to the 'Other' store category

What is "non-leaf"? My category is Jewelry and that's the number I retrieved from the URL when I clicked on "jewelry" in my list of categories. See Screenshot, please. 

2.  Warning

This selling account is enabled for payments managed by eBay. PayPal is not currently accepted as a payment method and has been removed from the listing.|PayPal|

What field (s) do I remove from the below, please?

PayPalAccepted

PayPalEmailAddress

ImmediatePayRequired

store-category-number-not-accepted.jpg

Thank you!

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

@huntfor 

A leaf category is the farthest one can travel down a branch. Your leaf categories under jewelry are Bracelets and Necklaces (I don't know what Category level 2 is).  eBay has the same leaf category requirement when choosing a listing category. It must be the farthest choice at the end of a branch.  If a category has subcategories, keep going down those subcategories to the end.

Remove these two columns to eliminate paypal when enrolled in Managed Payments:

- PayPalAccepted

- PayPalEmailAddress

Because you are using Business Policies, you can also remove the last blocks of pink, orange, and green columns that I have colorized in my earlier post.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply