cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling all .csv wizards!

Here's what might be a unique problem: after my wife passed, I closed our store because I just couldn't deal with it. I saved 1440 ended listings in TL. Now I want to relist them in another account with my SS#. TL will not accomodate a simple move from one account to the other. I'm entertaining the idea that by de-selecting certain options during an export to .csv format, I might be able to import the file into my TL account. There are two obvious columns to de-select, Item ID# and PayPal email. Does this sound workable? Are there other identifiers that need elimination? Do I need to recreate the store and its categories, reproduced in the same order? This idea is less challenging than copying and pasting 1440 titles and descriptions. What do you think? Thank you and best regards, Richard

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

You are entirely welcome! Let us know if we can help you futher.

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay

View Best Answer in original post

Message 8 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

You may have other options. Let me check some things out. Be back in a hour or so.

Question. Has it been more than 60 days since the items were last listed on the old account?

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

It looks as if you cancelled your store subscription.

The issue you face, is that if you create a new account, you lose your 3991 feedback rating. You start at zero, and would have selling limits as a new account (very low, probably 10 items). You may have slightly higher if you set the account up as a business.

Your present account will also have selling limits, since it has been more than a year since you sold.

Since it has been more than a year, your turbo is very out-of-date. You may have to reach out to the Advanced Apps team, to get the correct new version update.

1)Use your present turbo to create a Turbo csv file export, a FileExchange csv file export, and a backup. Overkill, but each can have it's purpose, as the new turbo install(below) may mess up the current data.

2) Use the following to change the present account information...(try to keep your FB rating at all cost)...

You can not do this from a mobile device. You must use a desktop.

Click on your Account tab in My eBay, click on Personal information, Click on Edit next to Registered name and address. Click Change next to Registration address. You will be asked to sign on to eBay, then you will get a screen that allows you to change your registered account info.

Your phone number and user id is on this page also.

3) Special steps for changing your email address...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3ViFH9qd3o&list=PLRjGZp9Hk7D5tmUFnFFn8xW7wWQQSNYK3&index=99  <- low volume.

4) Contact the Advanced Apps team for a link to install the latest version of TurboLister.

This is from the eBay Advanced Apps team...

Phone Support (US - 8 AM - 6 PM MST): **To call us, click on the Help & Contact link found at the top of most eBay pages. Click on the Contact Us button at the bottom of the page. Select ‘Selling’ -> ‘Getting Started’ -> ‘Selling Tools’ for issues or concerns related to eBay listing tools that my team can assist you with. Now scroll to the bottom and click Call Us. Ask the customer support agent to transfer you to the Advanced Apps team.**

You can also contact them thru the following...(just ask for the advanced apps team)...

You can call eBay or contact them on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay

For the social sites...Give only your userid and a description of the issue. Do not include any personal info. eBay will contact you though your email address or tell you how to contact them directly.

5) Now resubscribe to the store, create categories(on eBay), Now in turbo, click on Tools>Check for Program updates <will update turbo for store info.

Once you have gotten though that, we can discuss changing the csv files to point to the correct store categories, delete the itemid and change the email address.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Hi Dolly, I've been hoping you would see this post. 

The store (rjsrarities, nee janes_rarities) was closed two years ago. The export will come from this TL account, and an older version of TL.

I have a fresh, updated install of TL2 on a new Win 10 pc.

I have a case number for support if I need it.

If a .csv import into dick6jane works, I will still have to go into each listing and ftp pictures back from the web for every item, and put them into picture services. If the file import is successful, I will then open a store and create store categories. I plan on de-selecting the store category columns before export. Then, I'll select new categories for each item. I should have taken a screenshot of the old categories. It won't surprise me if some of the ebay categories also require a change.

My main concern is to remove any possible tags during the export that identify the listings as having come from a different username. Do you think I'm right in assuming that the only columns that can reference the original listing identity are item ID and PP email address?

Thanks very much for your input.

Richard

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

You are correct. The import will place the items into your Inventory section of Turbo.

I would change the email address and delete the store categories, and itemid number from the 'export' in a spreadsheet, before importing into the new TL.

Make sure you do the Tools>Check for program updates. This will pull the store subscription and the store categories into TL. If you do not do this, not to worry..the items will be placed into the 'Other' category in your store. You can then move them into the correctly defined store category (on eBay), then 'Synch' the listings back to Turbo.

Then as you do a Sell Similar from the Inventory, you can add the images, and set the new store categories, before the items go to the Upload section.

Somehow, I think you already know much of this, but I include it here for others who may not know this info.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Thank you! I'm goint to wait a day before tackling this. After tomorrow, I'll be another year older and more experienced ;-D

Until you responded to my previous post, and brought my attention to this process, I knew zero about import/export to .csv.  I am grateful. I'll let you know how it goes.

Best,

Richard

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Well, the import created a new folder.  I opened one listing in edit, then preview, and sent one into Waiting successfully. I still need to fill out the fields in my account and hope they sync without a problem. And, start a store subscription. So, less any worrisome errors during an upload, it appears to have been a success - I have moved a TL inventory from one username to another. It's been about a year since support told me it couldn't be done. Thank you, dollybeauty for your help. R.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

You are entirely welcome! Let us know if we can help you futher.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply