cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does this mean eBay is going to start enforcing its Listing Policies AGAINST large sellers?

If you have a policy issue, we’ll help you fix it to avoid any disruptions to your business

If we flag a listing for a potential policy issue, we’ll give you an opportunity to correct the issue and avoid disruptions to your business. We’ll clearly communicate the issue to you and advise specific actions you’ll need to take to correct it. We understand that inadvertent mistakes can happen. And if they do, we’ll help you fix them.

When we enforce policy, we’ll help you correct an issue and continue selling

We’re also changing how we take action to enforce our policies and correct the issue while you continue to sell. Under our current method of policy enforcement, your listings could be ended and your account suspended.

However, starting October 1, 2019, we’ll introduce a new enforcement measure called “Hide All Listings” that will temporarily hide all of your listings in buyers’ eBay search results and browsing while you correct a policy issue, rather than end all of your listings or suspend your account. By hiding your listings, any watchers, bidders, or buyers will be able to continue to do business with you. After you correct the issue, all of your listings will be visible in search and browsing again, and you won’t lose any of your item’s sales history. We anticipate Hide All Listings will only apply to a small percentage of eBay sellers.

It is a no brainier, but TRS or MegaSellers who sell books routinely violate eBay listing policies.  Just about EVERY listing has a stock photo when in fact they are selling used books!   Oh and yeah, they also mostly use the eBay "Canned"  grading info to describe their books.  So will eBay start enforcing the listing policies against these sellers?

Me?  I spend the time to take detailed photos and show actual condition and flaws as well as give descriptions that follow polices.  But yet I have to compete with these Mega Sellers because eBay appears to randomly and capriciously enforce their rules!  There is no way these sellers could have driven the market into the toilet IF they had to comply with posting rules: actual pictures of inventory, show flaws, accurate descriptions, etc.  they would have to spend more money on listing, like the rest and have to have higher prices as a result.

I can't help but think eBay is cutting its own throat with this lack of enforcement.  You have allowed these sellers to drive the market into the basement.  I imagine that on a per book basis, you make more money when I sell a book than when a mega seller does.     But hey, my listing is hidden down the string somewhere and I have to charge a bit more because I don't have a FVF cap, shipping credits and other perks.  But yet eBay gets more profits per book from my sale.  Why aren't listings shown in order that give eBay the best return?    eBay's room full of Wharton Grads, can't figure this out & capitalize on it?

Me thinks this would be a better way to internally boost profits rather than promoted listings!  I bet you still make more money off one of my sales even with a MegaSeller using Promoted listings!

So when is eBay going to enforce its rules and have a fair market place?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Does this mean eBay is going to start enforcing its Listing Policies AGAINST large sellers?

@no_zero369 wrote:

It is a no brainier, but TRS or MegaSellers who sell books routinely violate eBay listing policies.  Just about EVERY listing has a stock photo when in fact they are selling used books!   Oh and yeah, they also mostly use the eBay "Canned"  grading info to describe their books.  So will eBay start enforcing the listing policies against these sellers?

Probably never. I was told over three years ago by several higher-ups, including the vice president of somethingoranother (sorry, I'd have to try and dig up the old emails) that the mega bookseller violations would be corrected. You know, all the ones with no photos and incorrect catalog info.  Was told several times, by several different people, they assured me that it would definitely be corrected and action would be taken against sellers who continues to violate the policies.

Well, you see it's just as bad as it's always been. Don't hold your breath. unamused

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:

Well, you see it's just as bad as it's always been. Don't hold your breath. unamused

Lol!  See that most all of the topics in this section have been answered, but no one has jumped in yet to answer this one!  25-min  to go, tic tocSmiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

They have and continue to do Wrecked/Ruined and trashed the catalog and destroyed the book market. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

And they're the main reason cookbooks have now just been deleted and moved to non fiction when a cookbooks category worked fine for YEARS
Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

And now some books are going into the Doll's and Bear's catagory and the Health and Beauty catagory. And you can not call the catalog team. They won't do nothing. And email does not help. They do not reply. It's ridiculously stupid. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply