cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

return

I sold an item for parts. The buyer is in Israel, wants to return it saying item doesn't match description. I have offered to refund the purchase price but not the shipping.  Ebay is not giving any time frame for the buyer to respond, I had just a few days to respond to the request. Does anyone know how long the buyer has??

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

return

You're in an INAD process

Very messy, you are liable for twice shipping.(Sending & return) The best way to get out of this is to negotiate with your Buyer. Offer Buyer a discount and have Buyer keep the item on cost if possible. That's the ideal way of not losing huge amount of money 

Charm your Buyer's way into a deal. Buyer may know all this, has prior experience and just looking for discount. You never know. Negotiate! Now, is time to do just that 

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

return

@batride 

You have 3 days to accept the return and pay return shipping or refund the buyer without returning.

If you don't, Ebay could refund the buyer from your account and let them keep the item and give you a defect.

Have a great day.
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

return

You have 3 days to refund or provide return shipping money or label. 

After 3 days of having no resolution from you the buyer can ask eBay for the refund. Then eBay will refund and let them keep it and you get a defect for having a case that was unresolved by the seller. The ball is in your court right now.  

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

return

I have offered to refund what was paid for the item but not what they paid for shipping. The buyer has not responded, it's been a week and ebay has the case status as waiting for buyer to accept the refund. Any idea how long they have and if they don't respond will ebay give them the refund that I offered?

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

return

You did very well. Congrats!

Just wait. Buyer didn't plan on this. Buyer filed an INAD only for a discount. Buyer has 5 days with a 5 day extension. Don't make a move without eBay's instructions. 

Ultimately, you need to recieve the item back then issue a refund.  You did the best you could, now, it's up to Buyer and eBay

Be calm and cool.

You're okay 

PS  This shows me there's nothing wrong with the item. Smart presentation of " For Parts Only" on Sellers part  

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

return

@batride wrote:

I have offered to refund what was paid for the item but not what they paid for shipping.

The buyer has not responded, it's been a week and ebay has the case status as waiting for buyer to accept the refund.

Any idea how long they have and if they don't respond will ebay give them the refund that I offered?

If you offered a partial refund of the item price only, the third option on the return request:

7tftfhheefvbjjdschjggjhvcgbgfvt7.png

your buyer has 21 business days to respond. You did very well @batride eBay will give them the refund that you offered, and they can keep the item.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

return

@batride 

Is that what you did? Or, did you offer a full refund minus shipping cost upon return of the item? 

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

return

@batride 

refund_1.jpg

If you have done any of 1, 2 or 3, Buyer is in for a teart. However, if you chose to negotiate, you should be on option number 4   

How did you send that offer?  

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

return

Yeah a sellers have 3 days to act on the returns, Buyers don't have to act on returning the item for 1 month 😂 seems fair🙄

Message 10 of 10
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: