cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller protection

I listed an expensive item and had a bid immediately, however when the buyer received it he said it wasn’t as described and offered me 1/3 off or he wanted to return it. I told him to return it.  Could I have gone to his profile and refused to sell it to him?  Why does E-bay not protect us sellers by giving us a phone number to contact them when we need help? I have used the chat line with no success.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Seller protection

why do you need to contact ebay and exasperate your frustration?

It is an automated response/review/function to accept/not accept a return/refund

in other words, there is nothing I can think of a CS Rep can do for you based on what you have described.....

ask away, and you will get the guidance you need.....

do not message with this buyer

do everything through the ebay automated system

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Seller protection

When a buyer files an INAD, you don't want to get Ebay involved, you wouldn't like the results.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Seller protection

As @monica-sells stated, you do NOT want or need help on a return case from the eBay reps, period.

If the buyer opens a Item Not As Described return case, handle it yourself. 

You can come back here for the appropriate advice on the case as needed.

If the buyer opens a Item Is Not As Described type return case, you have choices.

1. You can refund the buyer now and let the buyer keep the item. eBay refunds the final value fees on the sale to you, the seller.

2. If you want the item back before refunding, accept the return and make sure a prepaid return label is available in the return case. The buyer returns the item and then you refund in full. eBay refunds the final value fees on the sale to you, the seller.

Seller protection:
Top Rated Sellers who accept 30 day returns and sellers who offer free 30 day returns can do partial refunds, up to 50%, if the item is returned in a condition different than when you shipped it.

3. Do nothing, contest the case or allow eBay to handle the case, eBay will close the return, refund the buyer and allow the buyer to keep the item. You also receive a serious defect on your seller account for having eBay step in and refund, thus doing your job as a seller. And, eBay keeps the final value fees for the transaction.

Here is an eBay link with just about all you need to know.
https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/managing-returns-refunds/handle-return-request-seller?id=4115

Posting ID
Message 4 of 4
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: