cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returns

I received an email from eBay stating a buyer wanted to return an item. The item was sealed in a new box and had never been opened.  The buyer claims that they were fake. I don’t feel I should have to refund the buyer as the serial number on the actual item when checked states they are real. Buyer has also had the item for 13 days and states I falsely listed the item. I couldn’t possibly have done that as the item was factory sealed.  eBay didn’t give me an option to deny the refund. Why?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Returns

If the buyer opens a Item Is Not As Described type return case, you have choices.

1. You can refund the buyer now and let the buyer keep the item. eBay refunds the final value fees on the sale to you, the seller.

2. If you want the item back before refunding, accept the return and make sure a prepaid return label is available in the return case. The buyer returns the item and then you refund in full. eBay refunds the final value fees on the sale to you, the seller.

Seller protection:
Top Rated Sellers who accept 30 day returns and sellers who offer free 30 day returns can do partial refunds, up to 50%, if the item is returned in a condition different than when you shipped it.

3. Do nothing, contest the case or allow eBay to handle the case, eBay will close the return, refund the buyer and allow the buyer to keep the item. You also receive a serious defect on your seller account for having eBay step in and refund, thus doing your job as a seller. And, eBay keeps the final value fees for the transaction.

Here is an eBay link with just about all you need to know.
https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/managing-returns-refunds/handle-return-request-seller?id=4115

Posting ID

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Returns

If the buyer opens a Item Is Not As Described type return case, you have choices.

1. You can refund the buyer now and let the buyer keep the item. eBay refunds the final value fees on the sale to you, the seller.

2. If you want the item back before refunding, accept the return and make sure a prepaid return label is available in the return case. The buyer returns the item and then you refund in full. eBay refunds the final value fees on the sale to you, the seller.

Seller protection:
Top Rated Sellers who accept 30 day returns and sellers who offer free 30 day returns can do partial refunds, up to 50%, if the item is returned in a condition different than when you shipped it.

3. Do nothing, contest the case or allow eBay to handle the case, eBay will close the return, refund the buyer and allow the buyer to keep the item. You also receive a serious defect on your seller account for having eBay step in and refund, thus doing your job as a seller. And, eBay keeps the final value fees for the transaction.

Here is an eBay link with just about all you need to know.
https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/managing-returns-refunds/handle-return-request-seller?id=4115

Posting ID
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Returns

Money Back Guarantee says a buyer can return their purchase up to 30 days after delivery. 
If the buyer opened a Not As Described case you have just 2 options 

1. accept the return and send the buyer a return label, receive the item back then refund. or 
2. issue the refund and let the buyer keep the item. 
There is no deny refund option. The ability to deny returns only applies to remorse returns. 
You have 2 days to send the buyer a return label or refund, if not, the buyer can ask eBay to step in.

When eBay is asked to step in they will give the buyer a refund, take that amount from your funds or bank account and let the buyer keep the item. eBay will also give you a defect for cases closed with out a seller resolution. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Returns

Was it the airpods? They are one of the most counterfitted items on the market today. 

That point aside, as a Top Rated Seller,  if you accepted returns in the listing and accepted the return, provided a return label and the buyer returned the product in not otherwise new condition, you could deduct up to 50% of the refund.

Note that you do not receive your final value fees back from the sale for anything less that a 100% refund.

Posting ID
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Returns

Hi @lorparke-5 

Just tagging you so that you find the replies.  🙂

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Returns

let me guess

airpods or beats

Message 6 of 6
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: