cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return request

Hi, a buyer from Switzerland bought 2 Magimix bowls from me and after receiving them now says they do not fit the advertised model that they own and wants a full refund. 

They have sent me pictures of the bowls which do not match the pictures of the bowls i sent.

They are trying to con me into refunding the full amount plus postage of £29,  they sold for £14.99.

What should i do?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Return request

Probably best to ask on your home board

https://community.ebay.co.uk/

Pretty sure it will be the same, but some countries do differ in procedure. And advise whether you use GSP or other shipping

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Return request

Not much you can do but report their ebay id to ebay and see what they say, make sure you get the rep to look at your listing pics and what the buyer is showing you in messages. In the end if its a con there is not a lot sellers can do unless ebay sides with you. Make sure you block their id. You may have to take a loss in the end, I think all sellers need to be prepared for the odd scammer. The main thing is talk to ebay directly and report it.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Return request

Have Buyer opened up a Return Request or are you guys exchanging messages?

- If you guys are talking, then keep the Buyer talking, so he/she be opted out of 30 days MBG . Tell Buyer: pictures sent don't match your venue.

-If this is an INAD Return Request, Item Not As Described, then, you need to be the one asking eBay to step in. Only in that case you will be heard by a live eBay representative.

-If Buyer asks eBay to step in, a return and refund is automatic done by software in this case. You will lose the case. You'll be out of money and you need to pay shipping to get the item back. If you're not vigil, you'll lose the item as well. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Return request

@ja55mon wrote:

They have sent me pictures of the bowls which do not match the bowls i sent. 

Whether or not a return request has been started, whenever that happens, I tell the buyer that that's not my item, @ja55mon.

p0hsdpufihpsdhfhisdhafiohsdifphdsafifo0.jpg

And that I have hidden marks on my item which barely show up in photos, but you have to know where to look on the item. And then I wait for their reply, if any.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: