cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return Delivered, seller still not isssue refund. Says I can have ebay step in on 25th

I bought an item that wasnt as described, and the seller still hasn't issued the refund after being delivered two days ago. It says Ebay can step in on the 25th,

I never had this happen before. My question is, does a button appear on the return to have ebay step in ? Or do I have to call them on the phone to take action?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Return Delivered, seller still not isssue refund. Says I can have ebay step in on 25th

And also to clarify, INAD opened > buyer provided label > return delivered

no refund issued

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Does it say eBay can step in on the 25th or does it say the seller has until the 25th to respond (meaning you can escalate on the 26th)?

Either way, it's still only 10pm on the 25th in eBay local time (Pacific Time).

To answer your question directly: you should see a link or button appear on the return details page that allows you to ask eBay to step in.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

It says this (i removed the item)

has been delivered to the seller's address. The seller should issue you a refund by May 25, 2023. If you don't receive your refund by this date then you can ask us to step in and help.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

OK I believe that means seller has until end of day 25th to refund and if not then you can escalate on the 26th. Tomorrow (Thursday) is the 25th so if the option doesn't appear then look for it on Friday.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

WOW AWFUL!

Got a refund today of 50% from the seller? For an item not as described. I am contacting ebay now and if that is no avail will fall back to my credit card. 

the item wasnt even the one in picture

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Contacted ebay on facebook, they thank me and said they would issue a full refund. I also plan to report the seller too. 

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Should also note this was purchased from Japan, not sure if they have different rules. 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

If you are a Top Rated Seller who offers 30-day or longer returns and the buyer returns something different, opened, used, etc. the seller can deduct up to 50% of the refund to recover the decreased value of the item.

Posting ID
Message 9 of 9
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: