cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal has asked me to return the item to seller, but seller name is "eBay S.a.r.l.". Is that OK?

Hi there,

Could anybody confirm please if it's OK or NOT, but I won a dispute/claim as a Buyer and I need to return the item to get my Refund. BUT!, in an email that I've got from PayPal it says that:

"The item(s) you received must be sent to the following shipping address:
eBay S.a.r.l.
Tiergarten **, , Essen, , DE, *****"

I mean that the real Seller's first/last name is absent. Only "eBay S.a.r.l.". But the rest of the address is 100% the address of the Seller. Can anybody comment on that? Or should I put real Seller's first/last name instead of "eBay S.a.r.l." when shipping it out?

Thanks

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

PayPal has asked me to return the item to seller, but seller name is "eBay S.a.r.l.". Is that OK?

@azonicman wrote:

eBay S.a.r.l.

If you look at your original payment at PayPal @azonicman it says under SELLER that you paid eBay S.a.r.l.

PayPal has no idea who is your seller, neither name nor address.

teth_1615_0-1706553025277.jpeg

1. Your seller responded to the payment dispute at eBay with their address,

2. eBay forwarded that address (WITH NO NAME) to PayPal,

3. and PayPal gave it to you.

So at PayPal, the seller remains eBay S.a.r.l. the payee of your payment.

But for the greatest chance that your return tracking will show Delivered (instead of Refused) to convince PayPal to release your refund, you should use the seller's name instead of eBay S.a.r.l. on the package label for the greatest chance that your return tracking will show Delivered (instead of No Such Person) to convince PayPal to release your refund.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Just use the exact information they provided.

It doesn't need a real name.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

The added complications of using PayPal create doubt about the messages you receive.

A credit card and Ebay Payments are the simplest way to pay.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I have already asked Ebay support, and they told to ship using real Seller's name instead of "eBay S.a.r.l.".

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

eBay has nothing to do with your return through PayPal.

If you started a return through PayPal you need to work with PayPal's support not eBay. Once you've taken your return off eBay, eBay is no longer involved.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@azonicman wrote:

I have already asked Ebay support, and they told to ship using real Seller's name instead of "eBay S.a.r.l.".

You're not dealing with Ebay, you're dealing with Pay Pal and you need to do what they tell you to do.

Have a great day
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@azonicman wrote:

eBay S.a.r.l.

If you look at your original payment at PayPal @azonicman it says under SELLER that you paid eBay S.a.r.l.

PayPal has no idea who is your seller, neither name nor address.

teth_1615_0-1706553025277.jpeg

1. Your seller responded to the payment dispute at eBay with their address,

2. eBay forwarded that address (WITH NO NAME) to PayPal,

3. and PayPal gave it to you.

So at PayPal, the seller remains eBay S.a.r.l. the payee of your payment.

But for the greatest chance that your return tracking will show Delivered (instead of Refused) to convince PayPal to release your refund, you should use the seller's name instead of eBay S.a.r.l. on the package label for the greatest chance that your return tracking will show Delivered (instead of No Such Person) to convince PayPal to release your refund.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Yupp, agree.  Thanks. The seller remains "eBay S.a.r.l." in PayPal. I ended up with a decision to ship using real first/last name of the seller due to nobody from Ebay going to get and check it at that address. At the same time real Seller can't get the package too due to he is not the receiver. That could lead to Undelivered/Non-Exist Person issue - which I really don't need. 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

How did it turn out? I am in the same situation as you

Message 9 of 9
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: