cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item returned to me and NOW I can't give buyer a refund?!?!

Anonymous
Not applicable

So I have learned a VERY valuable lesson with a return!!!  My buyer wanted to return her $115 order and I told her to do so, no problem (or so I thought).  She didn't open a return case and just shipped it with NO tracking.  It has taken 3 weeks and much anxiety for it to show up yesterday.  I gave her a partial refund when she paid for the items for the over payment of shipping.  I owe her $118 that includes all shipping involved, taxes and the item prices.  There IS a "Buyer Return" reason on the refund drop down but it is NOT allowing me to enter the amount that I owe my buyer to send her the refund.  HOW can I get my buyer her money?!?  This was SO much easier with PayPal and I wouldn't even be having to ask this question.  It's my first full refund under Managed Payments after being with that for a year and a half.  Lesson learned and I will never, EVER accept a return without the buyer pushing that "Return this Item" button!!!  ANY help with this will be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@Anonymous wrote:

I owe her $118 that includes all shipping involved, taxes and the item prices.  There IS a "Buyer Return" reason on the refund drop down but it is NOT allowing me to enter the amount that I owe my buyer to send her the refund.

eBay will refund the taxes. What kind of error message are you seeing?

If you can't get a refund to work through the send refund option then just cancel the order. Use the reason problem with address and a full refund will be sent to her minus whatever you already refunded upfront for shipping overpayment.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@wastingtime101 

The buyer paid for the return shipping out of pocket, and the OP would like to reimburse him/her. The OP is looking for a way to refund over and above what the buyer originally paid for the item, to compensate him/her for that return shipping cost. 

See the OP's second thread on the Selling board. 

Having an issue with a refund and NEED help please!! 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Oh, thanks. They didn't make that clear in their post here. Looks like you already got it covered then.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: