cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel Requests - And How it Affects Sellers Dashboard.

So you are an honest Seller and after 20mins updating tracking info, the buyer says eBay sent him a message after checkout, about similar (like) items to the one just bought and its .5cents cheaper, they wanna cancel.   Firstly, I find this totally annoying and actually it is eBay themselves committing an ebay policy violation (actually one of the 1st and most important ones put into ebay)  a seller is not allowed to sell, LIKE items, (like Nike, like Apple.. etc, etc). The sad thing is (like) item in this particular situation is of less quality, and the buyer will suffer on quality; However (the more pressing thing is this !!!) - after refunding and cancelling the order, the order shows still tracking and it doesnt erase, it just impacts a good sellers account as it looks like it was (item never delivered) so it hurts shipping on time, and uploaded tracking, because it was never scanned...

WHY won't eBay do the right thing, and hold back any sells info for up to the length a buyer can send you a cancel request thru eBay platform, 1 hr or so?

I do not accept the "we cannot do that answer" since ebay now is using their own payment methods, -- and other sales platforms already implement this, if you are going to rate sellers on fast shipments, and handling of problems, it shouldnt be the honest and caring ebay seller getting dinged by lack of seller protection.

This (1) buyer slowing down 100 others because (we have to search) for the package that was already processed is a total waste of everyone's time, and sometimes we can't catch it in time, because USPS or UPS or FedEX has already come and picked up the orders.   Many high volume sellers would love to have an OPT-in  on this since (90%) of this buyers end up leaving bad feedback if it gets shipped.  We welcomed the Opt-IN for Immediate Payments Required, please work on this.... since eBay is actually causing many of these cancel requests.   If you are not sure what I am talking about I suggest you order something on eBay and wait til you finish and checkout, (eBay is now sending - Like items you just bought) it needs to stop. LIKE items are not the same quality as some are selling. 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

If it is cancelled through the system it shouldn't affect any of your sellers metrics.  You will need to void the label though.

You are aware that you can no to a cancellation request?  I wouldn't recommend it but it is possible to do.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@carxtc wrote:

If you are not sure what I am talking about I suggest you order something on eBay and wait til you finish and checkout, (eBay is now sending - Like items you just bought) it needs to stop. LIKE items are not the same quality as some are selling. 

This isn't new, they've been doing it for years.

I agree, they shouldn't do that.

Have a great day.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

eBay abusing their own Policies is just irony in itself. ( They want to create a good buyers experience, so why are they confusing buyers with (LIKE) items?  I don't want a knock off (like) Coach Bag...  They have been causing returns, for no reasons. Sellers Metrics are just plain Stupid. Dashboard, doesnt represent the true abuse buyers are creating., returns are costing money in gas, materials, and just time. (LIKE ITEMS should never be part of ebay,  NEWS FLASH, it doesnt work on AMAZON either! 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Missing my POINT.  IF you are a high volume seller and printing off shipping labels, to be processed - since ebay has ridiculous metrics now (1day) instead of (2day) this wouldnt be an issue. HOWEVER, ebay TOP Rated now requires sellers to get items out in 1 day,...  (we ship same day) before 3pm PST... but, what happens is when you print off a tracking number, and its ready to ship, (meaning already in the package and in shipping bin) ; just to have some lamebrained wanna be time waster (ask for a cancel) and you acutally do it, the system still has the tracking info in and even though it has been cancelled, it shows (SHIPPED NOT ON TIME) . 

__ (been selling on this platform longer than most -- ALL I AM ASKING FOR IS TO ALLOW TIME BEFORE SENDING SALES INFO (EQUALIVENT) to the time a slacker wanna-be buyer has to ask for a Cancel.  Maybe it was a mistake, however - I contact the buyers and usually find it is directly related to eBay (LIKE ITEM) you just bought, showing up after a buyer goes thru checkout.  *** If you buy stuff on eBay you know what I am referring to, they are acutally abusing their own CANNOT SELL LIKE ITEMS on ebay. Sadly, there are alot of lesser quality (LIKE ITEMS) eBay doesnt know enough to know difference  between Copper and Aluminum Clad for wire, or why some installation parts are more expensive than others, hint (has to do with electronics in car audio), all this can be avoided.....  if they would just give sellers an OPT-IN to let orders sit in the background for up to an hour, like Amazon does.... so we dont have to get dinged on (dash-board or even worse, negative because buyers think we just stuffed it to them, when in actual truth, item was picked up by the mail courier before we saw their cancel request... 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: