cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monthly chat - June 8th at 1:00 pm PT - All About Stores

Hi everyone! ! This month's chat you’ll have an opportunity to talk to Chuck, who’s the Product Operations Manager from the Stores team. Start brainstorming your questions for Chuck before hopping on the Monthly Chat board  on  June 8th at 1:00 pm PT.

-----

Edit: Thanks for joining us for the Monthly Chat with eBay Staff and Chuck.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Chuck and Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling 888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next month!

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 1 of 63
latest reply
62 REPLIES 62

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

chuck@ebay 

Thanks Chuck, I appreciate your visit today.

Not sure I follow this:

It IS possible to change the categories that display on the Item page by reordering them on your Storefront management screen. The Item screen module will honor the order from your Store.

I'm talking about the NINE categories that show up in the new header. I see no way to edit the header itself. Currently, ebay says it is showing my nine most popular categories, but in fact it is showing the nine categories in alphabetical order, which is no real help at all. And I don't necessarily want the nine most popular either. I want to be able to edit the header itself, which we used to be able to do. I'd like to be able to choose the nine categories I want to highlight, and change them whenever I want. 

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques 

Store Categories used to fall into alphabetical order, but now you can reorder them by visiting the Manage Categories screen and clicking the Reorder button. Once you change the order, the category list (9 categories) on the listing page will honor that order and show the first 9 from your list.

Message 61 of 63
latest reply

@postcardcountry wrote:

Chuck,

Did anyone tell you that at one time, eBay wanted everyone to have a store?  And to entice them, store listings were given higher ranking in search than regular items.  And then eBay let stores languish...

It seems eBay has started to look at it again (Yeah) and you can obviously see some sellers really want to maximize stores and use as many features as they can.    Maybe someone could take a really take a look at the documentation (like where does it say hit the heart to subscribe?) and get the documentation updated and more informational. 

25 years of training people how to use their new computer....good documentation is invaluable.

@postcardcountry 

Thanks for this feedback. Incidentally, we are planning to post additional training videos to the Stores learning resources screen over the next few months.

Message 62 of 63
latest reply

@inceptions wrote:

Can you make this more prominent?

inceptions_0-1654721357936.png

For the longest time, I never even noticed it and thought store search was broken. When buyers come to my store, I don't want them search eBay (at the top of the page), I want them searching my store.

If I'm on eBay every day of the year and missed the almost-invisible store search field, infrequent users are missing it too.

Could you also rename it to: Search all x,xxx items in this store or Store search bar, or something that makes it obvious what you are searching? And change Search for anything to Search all of eBay for anything.

Same thing goes for the See other items link (accessed from a listing page). Buyers click that link to see a seller's other items, but the search bar is almost invisible while the eBay search bar is screaming for an entry there - which takes them to other sellers. It should be the other way around.

Whatever you can do to make these search bars more prominent (and hopefully MORE prominent than the eBay search bar) would be much appreciated.

@inceptions 

Thanks, I'll pass along the feedback.

Message 63 of 63
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: