cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, Sept 6th @ 1pm PT - General Topics

doug@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi Community,

Please join us here for our weekly Community chat at 1 pm Pacific on Wednesday 9/6. There's no set topic this week so feel free to ask us your eBay buying & selling questions.

Message 1 of 95
latest reply
94 REPLIES 94

Anonymous
Not applicable

@theshoppingmom2 wrote:

Hi!!! Good afternoon... from Florida :-)... 

Hi Trinton, Doug , Tyler and Alan!!

awaiting Irma 😞

Can I ask you guys to  see the question I posted in the group Friday and see if  you can help me out , pretty please with sugar on top and tons of glitter??

I am getting ready to go on a cruise on Saturday  from Miami Florida .... LOL we shall see but will like to clarify the issue before I go... which I might not go ... who knows!!

TIA!! 

Hey @theshoppingmom2! Stay safe out there, especially considering your vacation plans!

I will take a look at the question you reference and touch base with you, no problem!

Message 31 of 95
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I also have the issue of my cart showing 1 item in it however it's empty. Item was bought, paid for and received already yet the 1 won't go away.

Also what happened to the watched items page? Is there any way of opting back to the old one-as I can't stand this one at all.

Thanks.

Message 32 of 95
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

Here is another one for you.  It is even more disturbing.  I received the following email from Ebay moments before the Chat started.

We noticed that your listings include contact information. We want to let you know that starting October 2017, you’ll no longer be allowed to share contact information on item descriptions, images, or eBay stores. To help you communicate with buyers, we’ve launched a new feature that allows them to call you after your sale. It’s available in your account settings under "Manage your Q&A with Buyers," and allows your listings to stay compliant with our policy update.

You can update your settings by going to Manage your Q&A for Buyers.
1. Check “Have your phone number” and enter your number.
2. Click Submit.

Be sure to take advantage of this new feature, which will give you an easy, secure way to communicate with your buyers once their sale is complete.

If you have any non-compliant listings, we'll let you know through email, My eBay Messages, and Seller Hub.

All transactions must start and finish on eBay, which makes our platform even safer for buyers and sellers. Read more about our contact information policy.

As always, thank you for selling on eBay.

Now the strange thing is that I do not nor have I ever had "contact" info in my listings.  The ONLY thing this could possibly be referring to is in some of my listings I have a link to my Ebay Store.

Now is it that Ebay can't tell the link is to an Ebay store and plans on penalizing me if I don't go find them and fix them or what?????

Hey @mam98031, I'd love to see a copy of this email and dig into this with you. I will look into what item numbers this could be referencing and ensure the appropritae teams are contacted to make sure we are identifying eBay links properly and that the contents of our emails are helpful to you!

Not to beat you over the head Trinton, but this has been reported more than once.  You previously assured us that links back to eBay would never trigger the phone number error despite us providing multiple examples.  A bit frustrating.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 33 of 95
latest reply

I got a policy item for listing an item- " "The item that you listed is of, or affiliated with, a Nazi Leader. eBay does not allow items that were owned by or affiliated with, any of the following Nazi leaders..."

The item was a postcard with Franco and Hitler and Mussolini on the front, with a prewritten message (by the Anti Fascist Refugee Committee) to Pres. Truman on the back requesting that he not recognize Franco through the UN. 

The title was "Franco Hitler UN ban Spain postcard to Truman Anti Fascist Refugee Committee".

Before I listed this item, I carefully read the regulations about listing Hitler/Nazi items.

Could you please tell me which policy I broke?

Unless items "affiliated with" Nazi leaders means it's against policy to list any item with Hitler on it, then I don't see why this anti-fascist postcard was against policy.

The dictionary definition of affiliated is "(of a subsidiary group or a person) officially attached or connected to an organization." This postcard was in no way affiliated with Hitler.

If eBay wants to ban listings of items with Hitler's image (book covers, magazine covers, comic book covers, etc.), fine. But the policy should be clear about this.

Message 34 of 95
latest reply

Everyone I've talked to (including me) who got the email about contact info did not have any in their listings.
But thanks for confirming we won't be forced to put phone number in Q&A. I would never do that.
Message 35 of 95
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:
So Guaranteed Delivery goes live for some buyers on Sept 19th. Any idea how those buyers will be selected? Any idea how many sellers are opted in at this point?

Hi @my-cottage-books-and-antiques - it goes live for all buyers on the 18th, and last time we got an update several weeks back we had over 15 thousand sellers that had signed up for the program. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 36 of 95
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

@ramonv wrote:
What's with the emails stating that people have contact info in their listings, when they don't?
And that phone number in the Q7A thing - that's not going to be mandatory, is it?

Messages are being sent out about contact information in listings, as this is only allowed for certain items that require it by law (ex. medical equipment). Sellers will have the option of providing their phone number via the Ask a question flow if they choose to, but this will not be required.

I want an "Unhelpful" button for posts like this.
The polnt is NOT whether or not contact information is permitted.
The point is that people are getting these emails who know there is no contact information in their listings.

Message 37 of 95
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@texanna1 wrote:

Hi ya'll : )

Hi Texy! upside_down

Message 38 of 95
latest reply

@texanna1 wrote:

Hi ya'll : )

Hi Texy! Hope you're staying dry out there! 😄

Tyler,
eBay
Message 39 of 95
latest reply

Does it matter anymore as to which item is listed in whatever category?

I see things all over the place that should not be and am gearing up for

the Holidays so a very valid question. 

Message 40 of 95
latest reply

Regarding the message boards...on the right, there's a blue box titled "Popular Board Discussions". On the Powerseller board, the three threads listed are from March and May. Thinking maybe this was peculiar to the PS board, I checked the Payments board. The most popular topics there are from Jan & Feb 2016!!!

Maybe the message board people could used that box to list the most popular threads in the last week so that the content would still be relevant.
Message 41 of 95
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad that eBay has helped out Texas members, hope the same will be done for those in Florida as well but have seen no mention of those out west affected by the wildfires?

Hope they aren't forgotten...?

Message 42 of 95
latest reply

@dtexley3 wrote:

During the last chat I asked about have the Seller Hub as the landing paget for the My Ebay link and was told someone would reach out to me regarding this.  No communication was done.  

Sorry to hear that @dtexley3! I'll send you an email in just a moment. 🙂

Tyler,
eBay
Message 43 of 95
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:
So Guaranteed Delivery goes live for some buyers on Sept 19th. Any idea how those buyers will be selected? Any idea how many sellers are opted in at this point?

Hi @my-cottage-books-and-antiques - it goes live for all buyers on the 18th, and last time we got an update several weeks back we had over 15 thousand sellers that had signed up for the program. Thanks!

But I'd guess that a lot of those sellers are on a waiting list.  I know I am.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 44 of 95
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dtexley3 wrote:

Regarding the recent issue where listing fees were being displayed during the bulk relist process (unexpected change for users).  I appreciate that this was addressed and if you have free BIN/GTC listing available the fees not longer display.  However, they do display if you have auction listings in your bulk relist.  Again, on the last screen it does correctly state $0.00 in fees, but based on the previous posting storm it would be nice if this was corrected as well.

Hey @dtexley3, good job catching a common factor for this display issue. I am working with our tech teams now about this and will be sure to include this detail when speaking with them. Hopefully we can get this resolved promptly!

Message 45 of 95
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: